PDA

View Full Version : Dodge floor covering

railpin53
11-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Good Evening,

I have vinyl flooring in my 2002 Dodge RAM 1500. Is ther a product out there that will brighten them up? I clean them , but they still come out dull. Any suggestions????

Beemerboy
11-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Good Evening,

I have vinyl flooring in my 2002 Dodge RAM 1500. Is ther a product out there that will brighten them up? I clean them , but they still come out dull. Any suggestions????

Welcome to the site from Sonoma County CA

Use a good APC and brush to clean them, and rinse with water and let dry completely...for a dressing any water based dressing will make them shiny but in some cases slippery...to get around this apply with a clean applicator and then use a cotton towel to buff the excess off, this will help take the slippery part away..set in the sun doors open to dry up, or run the floor heater for 20 minutes or so...Another good product for this is Stoners Trim Shine available in most good auto parts suppliers, wal mart, targets, etc...or online....once you have sprayed on buff with a towel and dry in the same way I suggested above...Again this will make the floor a bit slick so careful with it

Poorboy
11-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Like Dave said clean them with a good APC, but putting on any dressing on the drivers side could be dangerous. After cleaning, you can dress the passenger side and middle, but avoid the brake and gas pedal areas ;)

vwgtivw
11-03-2007, 08:33 PM
Try Murphy`s Oil Soap it will brighten the rubber up some and it is not slippery.
How to clean wood floors, furniture and more - from the wood care experts at Murphy Oil Soap! (http://www.MurphyOilSoap.com)