PDA

View Full Version : Any Opinions On These Pads

glen22
11-03-2007, 09:06 AM
Because I had issues with my backing plate on my udm I went looking for a new one and also searched for specific udm pads and these came up..
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/udm-daspad.html
Can I get opinions on these pads please?

CharlesW
11-03-2007, 09:23 AM
Rather than get away from your question, I sent you a PM.
My information wasn`t directly in answer to your question.

Charles

glen22
11-04-2007, 12:32 PM
So nobody uses Sonus pads or has ever used them?
No opinions at all?
I am trying to find 6" pads for my UDM but not LC pads I already have them.

cwcad
11-04-2007, 12:45 PM
I have yellow pad and a white pad from Sonus. They do a fine job for me. I used them yesterday on a panel of my truck. The only thing that I do not like about them is the backing on the pad is starting to curl on the outside edge of both pads. So far it has not effected my ability to stick to the backing plate and most likely will last until I choose to no longer use the pad. I like the 7.5 LC curved edge best for what I do. It works real well with a rotary, not quite as good on a PC, and the backing of these pads has never gone bad. I never hand wash any pad. It always goes into the washer after every use so that may be why I have had problems with the backing on other pads. IMO, if I cannot use the washing machine to clean my pads I do not want those kind of pads.

glen22
11-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Those are my favorite pads also Cwad but I dont like them with the UDM they fly off.:mad:
I would love those pads in a 6" that would be ideal.:bigups