PDA

View Full Version : cleaning foam pads

sammycastagna
08-28-2003, 07:42 PM
What is the best way to clean the foam pads that are used with the dual action polishers?

Sammy

rtbrick
08-29-2003, 06:21 AM
I fill the kitchen sink up with soapy (dish soap) water and soak the pads for a few minutes. Then, I just work them like a sponge (soak full of water, wring out) until they are clean. Then rinse the same way with clean water (just running water out of the faucet).

Ferrarislave
08-29-2003, 12:07 PM
I just hose them off with the hose then turn the speed up on full and let them dry that way.

Mizzuri
08-29-2003, 05:32 PM
I find the easiest way to clean pc and rotary pads is to use a high pressure washer on a wide setting, give them a quick spin on the rotary and then even put them in the clothes drier on a warm setting.

Hope this helps

Anthony O.
08-29-2003, 09:13 PM
You can place most foam pads in the washing machine if you have a "hand wash/delicate" setting and then throw them in the dryer on "low" or "fluff dry" setting.

I personally would not recommend using either the washer or the dryer because the dryer, even onlow settings, tends to cause the glue holding the pad to the velcro to wear out and then release the pad.

I clean mine as I use them, or at least I try. If Iam buffing a car and my pad needs to be cleaned I`ll just hose it down, wring it out and put it on my machine to spin dry.

When I get home I do exactly as "rtbrick" does except I usually use Simple Green instead of dish soap.

Anthony