PDA

View Full Version : Easy morning

Pages : [1] 2

Clean Dean
08-28-2003, 10:37 AM
Lately most of my work has been low milage high end car from the 1970`s and 80`s. I have been quite content with these cars, however they require a lot more work. It is very satisfying to see the improvements you made to these types of vehicles, however I must admit I yearn for a newer hot ride to inspire me. This morning got me really inspired !!!

2002 Porsche 911 Turbo Black X3..... I am in love !!!!!!

Clean Dean
08-28-2003, 10:40 AM
How do I go about getting one of these for my garage !!!!:D

I used Meguirs No. 9 with an Edge Blue polishing pad followed by UPP ( I really like this stuff !!!!) topped with S100.

EBPcivicsi
08-28-2003, 11:24 AM
Vey nice work! I would love to have to get into that for my daily 80 mile commute.

Did you use the UPC between #9 and UPP? I usually do because I am scared of bonding issues, just wondering. Also, when you use UPP on a customer`s cars do you do the exterior first so that the cure time does not interfere with your detailing process?

Boss_429
08-28-2003, 03:06 PM
That would "inspire" me too! Wow!

Tassadar
08-28-2003, 08:09 PM
Wowzers!

chip douglas
08-28-2003, 10:01 PM
Buddy, that car looks like a million bucks.....lol actually it cost some big bucks too :p I`m at a loss for words, i mean that is the kind of look that really draws attention to the owner, thus that s what i want for my car, as it is metallic black....

Got a question though Dean, what is mostly responsible for such a nice reflection....is it more the S100, or the UPP sealant ? I guess it`s a combination of both of em, yet i wonder if the sealant is largely responsible for the look, of course once the car is swirl free.

All i can say is WOW:beer

AtlantaBoy
08-28-2003, 10:57 PM
Nice work, I like the reflection

Clean Dean
08-29-2003, 08:38 AM
Chip... The shine was very reflective and deep after the UPP. I could have left it at that, but the S100 topper is almost out of habit.

Ferrarislave
08-29-2003, 11:50 AM
Looks great did you use a rotary or DA. ? That color looks really nice great work.

Clean Dean
08-29-2003, 12:08 PM
Use my reliable Dewalt rotary.

Ferrarislave
08-29-2003, 12:16 PM
Great results and no buffer marks Im going to get the Edge Pads soon. What did you use on the tires. ?

Clean Dean
08-29-2003, 12:43 PM
Auto Magic # 33. I was never a fan of solvent based dressings, but I like the way this product covers the tire and ease of use...

http://www.automagic.com/dressing.htm

Ferrarislave
08-29-2003, 01:04 PM
I just started a thread on water based dressing`s I will ask while im here though how does the shine look can you control the shine. I want to have something really glossy, Does it smell nice. ?

Thanks

NattyBumppo
08-29-2003, 05:51 PM
WOWIE! Man does that look fantastic!!!!! Very very nice work there Mr. Clean! And talk about a set of stones? The mark of a true pro there gang...taking a rotary to a car of that caliber, in black and leaving it looking like that.

I salute you sir! No, scratch that. I`ll drink a beer in your honor!

Natty

chip douglas
08-29-2003, 07:02 PM
Totally concur with Natty, doing high end car like this porsche, being black, and leaving no swirl marks sure is something worthy of praise, as we all know how black finish are unforgiving :p

Dean, you sure got the hang of using the rotary......how long have you been buffing by the way ?

Take care buddy, and again congrats on this job, you deserve it !

:beer

P.S. cheers Natty...got a beer next to me right now, you inspired me to uncap one :jump