PDA

View Full Version : Bold N Bright Application

CharlesW
10-22-2007, 03:56 PM
The recent conversations about dressing applicators made me think that my method for using Bold N Bright could be of some help.
I spray the BnB on the tire and than more or less scrub it with the OXO Good Grips Small Car Wash Brush.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-34154371804963_1971_95683

The brush isn`t intended for tires, but the softer bristles work great for getting into all the grooves and letters on a tire. I don`t care for shiny tires so I just wipe the tire down with a terry towel after scrubbing it.
FWIW, I bought the brush to do rocker panels, but felt it was too stiff for me to feel comfortable using it on paint. Works great for the tires, though.

Charles

Beemerboy
10-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Interesting way of doing that...will have to give that a try..I always put PB wheel sealant on then spray the tires...wait for a while then take off the residue

rabbi
10-22-2007, 06:47 PM
I`ve scrubbed my tires with Westley`s Bleche-White but never BnB.
Do you do this every time or only when your tires are extremely dirty?:passout:

CharlesW
10-22-2007, 07:26 PM
I`ve scrubbed my tires with Westley`s Bleche-White but never BnB.
Do you do this every time or only when your tires are extremely dirty?:passout:
When I first started using BnB, I just used it occasionally. I liked the looks of the tires so much that it is now just part of my wash process.

Charles

rabbi
10-22-2007, 07:47 PM
:bigups:cool:.thank you.:passout:

Poorboy
10-23-2007, 06:48 AM
The recent conversations about dressing applicators made me think that my method for using Bold N Bright could be of some help.
I spray the BnB on the tire and than more or less scrub it with the OXO Good Grips Small Car Wash Brush.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-34154371804963_1971_95683

The brush isn`t intended for tires, but the softer bristles work great for getting into all the grooves and letters on a tire. I don`t care for shiny tires so I just wipe the tire down with a terry towel after scrubbing it.
FWIW, I bought the brush to do rocker panels, but felt it was too stiff for me to feel comfortable using it on paint. Works great for the tires, though.

Charles

I usually do exactly the same when I`m doing a waterless wash :rockon I use two terry towels to wipe, one for the black and one for the white letters or whitewalls ;)