PDA

View Full Version : Natural Dressing applicators

thedallashilton
10-19-2007, 06:52 PM
What applicators do you guys use to apply natural dressing to the trim and and wheels and dash? Please specify each what applicator on each part of the car.

jaybs02
10-19-2007, 07:03 PM
For my trim and dash I use a half of a regular kitchen sponge.

For my tires I have been happy with the EO tire swipes. I like the slight curve that they have, helps me lay on a clean even layer of dressing.

"J"

thedallashilton
10-19-2007, 07:06 PM
Do you reuse the sponge or just toss it? And where can i get these tire wipes?

jaybs02
10-19-2007, 07:14 PM
I use the sponge a few times till it starts to look dirty then I toss it. The tire swipes you can pick up at any chain auto parts store like pep boys, autozone, autobarn ... whichever is local to you.

"J"

thedallashilton
10-19-2007, 07:18 PM
I was using Armor all hot shine on the wheels and the applicator that came with it looked similar to the EOs but after a while it started to break down and i was left with a half bottle of tire shine. I have no idea why it started to disintegrate. I know NL is water based product. Hopefully i won`t have any trouble washing the applicator clean afterward because the one i used with the hot shine stayed greasy no matter what! Thanks for the tips!

Pander5
10-19-2007, 08:40 PM
I use the Eagle One Tire Swipes from Pep Boys or Advance Auto Parts. When I finish washing the car I leave my soap bucket filled and when I finish dressing the tires I drop the swipes in the soapy bucket and wring them out real good. Keeps them pretty clean and I`ve had the same swipes for about a year now and still going strong. Some have reported the adhesive giving away that attaches the soft black foam to the denser yellow "handle" portion. I`ve never had that happen.

My dash app is MF. I need to pick up a few of those el cheapo sponge type paint brushes from Home Depot or Lowes. I`ll use them, in different widths, for trim dressing.

The Chee
10-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Eagle one tire swipes for tyres
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6619/rodi196754639063af9.jpg

For the dash, just an mf applicator :rockon

Bellydawg
10-22-2007, 08:17 AM
For Natural Look I use an older MF on the interior. I spray it on the MF and then work it into the interior pieces.

For the tires I prefer the look of Bold and Bright applied with a sponge. After appling, I let it dry for a matte finish.

Stephan
10-22-2007, 08:52 AM
For my tires I pour the dressing into a large plastic cup and then use a two inch brush to do the tires. I like it because there is no over spray and I don`t really have any cleanup because the brush only has one use and thats my tires.

I use a terry cloth applcator inside on the dash, followed my a MFT to buff it off. The same applys with the outside although a may switch to a foam brush for better control as stated in the other thread.