PDA

View Full Version : paintless dent repair?

southerndetail
10-13-2007, 07:23 PM
I will be interviewing a possible employee monday, He claims to have detailing experience. He might come in handy because he does paintless dent removal. If I hire him than I can ad that service to the menu. My question is how much do you think I can make off of him so to speak?

audiboy
10-13-2007, 08:07 PM
PDR can be very profitable as long as they are good. I`ve seen some great PDR results but have seen some horrible ones as well. My best advice would be to see what other local PDR businesses are charging, what the employee expects to make, and what profits you`re wanting off of his work and make a decision from there.

DLR Detailing
10-13-2007, 08:43 PM
Glad business is going well for you and you are expanding.

A friend of mine has a fixed location, full-time shop and has a couple of PDR guys available to him on an as-needed basis. They wholesale their prices to him then he retail prices the job to the customer (approx 20% profit) as an upcharge to the full detail. Perhaps this could be an option for you.

Good luck.

Dave

budman3
10-13-2007, 09:11 PM
PDR would compliment detailing very well. When you do the interview, make sure you find out his experience and training in PDR. Classes and tools are expensive to do PDR but if he has taken the proper steps and got training and has all of the good tools, chances are he`ll be an asset to your company.

CharlesW
10-13-2007, 09:19 PM
There`s been a lot of comment about how expensive the PDR tools are, but this company has quite a variety at what seems to be reasonable prices.
Dent Tools (http://www.paintlessdentrepairtricks.com/dent_tools.html)

Charles