PDA

View Full Version : chemical guys microfiber

Pages : [1] 2

mustang03
10-11-2007, 08:07 PM
just ordered some elite microfiber towels on their site it says 70-30 blend, then at the bottom it says 80-20. the towels come and the tag says 75-25 do they not know what there selling geez. they must be taking lessons from the cable company we will be there between 1 an 6. there not a bad towel by no means but i thought i would give a heads up so if someone was trying to make sense of there web page the elite towels are 75-25 blend.sorry for the vent.

JaredPointer
10-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Well, if you add them up and divide by two....

I have a lot of CG towels, and they are as good as any of the others I have tried. The blend doesn`t really matter to me all that much. I have some of every blend I`m sure, and none really outdo the others at anything that I can think of off hand.

CharlesW
10-11-2007, 08:45 PM
I don`t know anything about CG`s products, advertising or prices, but one thin I have learned. There`s a lot more to MF towels than price.
I probably have 40 or 50 MF towels. Some cheap, some not so cheap, some a little pricey.
I would bet that you could throw them all in a pile and come pretty close to being able to sort them into those categories just by looking at them and handling them.
At first, I thought the cheaper towels were just as good as any, then I made the mistake of getting some really good ones. Kind of like a burger from Benchwarmer`s here in town compared to McDonalds. The Big Mac and fries were fine till I tried Benchwarmer`s.
Sometimes there really is a difference and the price often, (not always), reflects it.

Charles

9D4E420
10-12-2007, 08:30 AM
Like Jared said they are as good as any towels. I have some of the CG Chubby Elite towels and they are almost identical to the PB DMT. I used to get these plush no brand microfibers from the supplier at work. I thought they were great until I started buying them from CG and PB. The quality is definitely justified in the cost. You will definitely enjoy your new towels. Don`t worry about the blends they are real soft.

black bart
10-16-2007, 06:25 PM
I like Pak-Shak ultra plush towels best and Fiber Works towels are nearly the same but cost less.
If you want a premium towel at a lower price check out Fiber Works

CharlesW
10-17-2007, 11:28 AM
Just to keep the discussion going, I have recently read several comments about people being less than satisfied with their CG Chubby towels.
Have they made some changes?
The thread I read had four different posters that were not impressed with them. A couple actually felt the Vroom towels were thicker and heavier.
I haven`t checked the Vroom towels recently, but they didn`t impress me at all. Certainly not comparable to the Poorboy MPT by a long shot.
:confused:
Charles

BlueZero
10-17-2007, 11:40 AM
I might have been one. I am not impressed at all with the so called "chubby" towels. My orange vroom towels are thicker than the chubby towels. Not that I am impressed with the vroom towels but they work good for door jambs and such. I was looking for some nice high quality plush towels for my paint. I ordered a dozen of the normal ones and a dozen of the larger drying towels. They have been sitting in the box for a few weeks. Not sure if I should send them back or not. I just hate the idea of paying shipping both ways for something I don`t get to keep.

CharlesW
10-17-2007, 12:06 PM
I might have been one. I am not impressed at all with the so called "chubby" towels. My orange vroom towels are thicker than the chubby towels. Not that I am impressed with the vroom towels but they work good for door jambs and such. I was looking for some nice high quality plush towels for my paint. I ordered a dozen of the normal ones and a dozen of the larger drying towels. They have been sitting in the box for a few weeks. Not sure if I should send them back or not. I just hate the idea of paying shipping both ways for something I don`t get to keep.As a matter of fact, you were. :D
The only Vroom towels I own are their large 6 or 6.5 sq. ft. ones that I use for S&W or DP 4 in 1 washes. I have no complaint with them, but as I said, they don`t come close to some of my better or premium towels.
I don`t remember right now just what brand my better towels are, but they either came from the Detail City Store or from Poorboy.
I hate to suggest you try them and end up with another dozen on the shelf. :D
I do think you would be happy with either the Prestige or the DMT.

Charles

BlueZero
10-17-2007, 04:26 PM
I think next time when I try a new microfiber I will order just one. lol

mustang03
10-17-2007, 07:34 PM
blue my brother got some of the poorboy`s DMT towels and they are nice

CharlesW
10-17-2007, 08:07 PM
blue my brother got some of the poorboy`s DMT towels and they are nice
What was your opinion comparing the CG to the DMT your brother has?

Charles

black bart
10-18-2007, 02:55 PM
I don`t see anyone mention Pak-Shak towels I must be the only one using them.
They are really excellent towels but also carry a price tag to match, but last time I bought they had come down in price :bigups

CharlesW
10-18-2007, 04:51 PM
I like Pak-Shak ultra plush towels best and Fiber Works towels are nearly the same but cost less.
If you want a premium towel at a lower price check out Fiber Works

I don`t see anyone mention Pak-Shak towels I must be the only one using them.
They are really excellent towels but also carry a price tag to match, but last time I bought they had come down in price :bigups
Just one other poster said he used them. :D

FWIW, my first MF towels were from Pak Shak and I think I still have them. A good towel at the time, but since it was much easier to buy towels from other vendors, I took the easy way out.
Your mention of Fiber Works reminds me that I have read less than complimentary remarks about their quality, too.
I don`t believe I have ever heard negative comments about Pak Shak MF in all the years I have heard of them. He must be doing something right.

When you stop to think that vendors have to rely on a sample and a sales pitch and then order the product by the thousands, it`s not surprising that some problems sometimes crop up.

Charles

black bart
10-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Charkes I first heard about the Fiber Works towel on Corvette Forum a professional detailer did a review on them and said he thought they were nearly the same as Pak-Shack so I bought some I really liked them.
I ordered more when they had a sale.
Currently I have about 200 MF towels but only 2 dozen are Fiber Works.

That may not be enough to be sure what they are but the 24 that I have are all very nice.

Also something we need to keep in mind nearly all of these places selling towels have some selling for $2.50 and some selling for $ 7.00 so when someone states that they were not impressed with a particular brand of towel we need to try to determine if they have the cheaper towels or the better ones.

About three years ago I bought 6 Cobra towels from AG because they were really hyped and the ones that I received was not what I had expected.
Perhaps I just got some from a bad batch but I have not bought more while I still read how awesome the Cobra towel is so maybe I will try some more some day but I need to wait for awhile
I have took advantage of too many sales and have waaaay more towels than I need.
I"ll bet I`m not the only one here guilty of that :rofl

CharlesW
10-18-2007, 07:10 PM
My comments about differing opinions of MF quality were intended to point out those differing opinions.
Kind of a love/hate relationship just like it is with many products.
I don`t have quite 200 MF towels, (yet:)), but I am probably somewhere between 50 and 100.:redface:
As far as the quality, I don`t think I have what I would consider a "bad" towel. I do definitely have my favorites, though.
FWIW, my "grunge" towels are cut up remnants of the many cotton terry towels that I still have. I have never felt like I wanted to use one of my nice MF towels for "grunge" work. I even have a problem using them for S&W or 4 in 1 washes. :D

Charles