PDA

View Full Version : poorboys ssr1 & ssr2 question

rtcomm
10-09-2007, 06:17 PM
if i use poorboys ssr1 or ssr2 with an orange pad will following with an AIO and a white pad be a proper combo? or should i use something different?

thanks

Poorboy
10-09-2007, 06:31 PM
neither SSR1 or SSR2 should be used with a cutting pad...it could cause more marring than repair ...they should be used with polishing pads ..SSR2.5 was made to be used with an orange cutting pad or polishing pad for deeper scratches or swirls. :)

budman3
10-09-2007, 06:47 PM
To add to that, the AIO is probably not needed either. The SSR1 will leave a great finish and then you can add your wax or sealant. Crank your machine up to speed 6 and move the machine faster right before you are about to remove the SSR1 for an even greater shine.

rtcomm
10-09-2007, 06:57 PM
wow, thanks for the replys. what would be the best color pad for light swirl removers? would the information given above be the same if using pinnacle xmt 1 & 2?

by the way when would i want to use the orange pads?

thanks,

blk45
10-09-2007, 08:13 PM
To add to that, the AIO is probably not needed either. The SSR1 will leave a great finish and then you can add your wax or sealant. Crank your machine up to speed 6 and move the machine faster right before you are about to remove the SSR1 for an even greater shine.

You don`t use speed 6 the whole time?

budman3
10-09-2007, 08:25 PM
I rarely turn the PC or UDM off of speed 6. Others like to work different polishes in on different speeds. So if you`re already using speed 6 just lighten up on the pressure and move the machine faster. This last `burst` of speed 6 and fast movements is a tip I got from Steve a few years ago that`ll increase the shine a little.

rtcomm- What brand of pads are you using??? Every manufacturer has a different color of pad and abrasive level ... so it`s very hard to tell you any specifics when we don`t know the brand. Lake Country, the orange pad is a light cut pad and you would use this with SSR2.5. With SSR2 and SSR1 you`d want to use a polishing pad, which is white for Lake Country pads. As for the XMT2 and XMT1, same general idea, however they are a little less abrasive (weaker) than SSR2 and SSR1, and a little harder to work with, IMO.

9D4E420
10-09-2007, 08:29 PM
If you are using light swirl removers I would use a white pad. It has a very light cutting ability without causing micromarring. If you use an orange cut pad you are not really correcting any swirls just causing new ones because of the harshness of the pad. For the XMT 1 I would use a charcoal pad or a white pad it is a finishing polish. For the XMT 2 I would use a white pad. Run both of those XMT`s about speed 5 on your PC. Just remember that the XMT series is not very friendly in the sun compared to the SSR`S.

blk45
10-10-2007, 12:39 AM
I rarely turn the PC or UDM off of speed 6. Others like to work different polishes in on different speeds. So if you`re already using speed 6 just lighten up on the pressure and move the machine faster. This last `burst` of speed 6 and fast movements is a tip I got from Steve a few years ago that`ll increase the shine a little.

I thought so. Thanks for the info budman! :cheers: