PDA

View Full Version : Proper product storage...

clarks2ndwind
10-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Where should I store my "stash" of detailing products? More specifically... what temp? Can I store it in garage? basement? better in the laundry room? Barn? Under the Kitchen sink? Just a thought with fall/winter coming on.... this is an investment... you know!:hmmm:

Beemerboy
10-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Where should I store my "stash" of detailing products? More specifically... what temp? Can I store it in garage? basement? better in the laundry room? Barn? Under the Kitchen sink? Just a thought with fall/winter coming on.... this is an investment... you know!:hmmm:

If the temps drop to the freezing levels for any length of time, then I would bring them some place in the house, or in a place that is not that cold...Here in CA that`s not an issue but there has been some threads about this in the past, from people that live in cold parts of the country...its simple thing to insure that they will be OK in the spring....

also your up late:D

clarks2ndwind
10-03-2007, 06:09 AM
We have the 4 Seasons here in VA. So with Fall in the air, night temps will start to drop to just at freezing at night in the next few weeks and we will have frost on the ground in the am. Just wanted to know if maybe I should have everything in now as precaution before temps drop below 32... yup... was up late.... our teenage kids sometimes do that to us! Thanks!

Poorboy
10-03-2007, 07:04 AM
the ideal range would be 50-75 degrees , but as long as you don`t freeze or leave them in direct sunlight for extended periods of time, you should be fine...it also wouldn`t hurt to give a shake to any opened products...;)

clarks2ndwind
10-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Sounds Good! Thanks! Yup.... up late again! Just interesting reading tonight...

Beemerboy
10-04-2007, 11:20 PM
Sounds Good! Thanks! Yup.... up late again! Just interesting reading tonight...

Up late? teenage kids?...mine 11 so is this what I have to look forward to / dread?:eek:

Stephan
10-05-2007, 04:37 AM
I am not looking forward to winter, but I bring mine inside and put them in the basement. Because I have had some freeze before and become useless.

I am thinking of putting the products in the kitchen, in the cabinets with glass doors, you know set them up nicely for display.

I wonder how long before the wife notices.

Poorboy
10-05-2007, 07:49 AM
I am not looking forward to winter, but I bring mine inside and put them in the basement. Because I have had some freeze before and become useless.

I am thinking of putting the products in the kitchen, in the cabinets with glass doors, you know set them up nicely for display.

I wonder how long before the wife notices.

I think she would notice when she goes for the maple syrup :notme:

blucpe
10-05-2007, 08:30 AM
i`m single so i don`t have girl issues, but i keep mine in the bottom back of my fridge. never any problems.

Stephan
10-05-2007, 09:34 AM
I think she would notice when she goes for the maple syrup :notme:

Your next product needs to look and smell like maple syrup...oh and be either a wax or polish.

black bart
10-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Glad I got a heated garage I would hate to store mine in the house these shelves are 12 inch hard to see but most bottles are 4 deep except the gallons on the top shelf.
Metal cabinet at the right is full also :yay
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i36/blackbart_photos/Polish%20Supply/ShowPictures031.jpg

blucpe
10-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Glad I got a heated garage I would hate to store mine in the house these shelves are 12 inch hard to see but most bottles are 4 deep except the gallons on the top shelf.
Metal cabinet at the right is full also :yay
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i36/blackbart_photos/Polish%20Supply/ShowPictures031.jpg

and i thought i had it bad. how do you decide which product to use?

black bart
10-05-2007, 05:29 PM
how do you decide which product to use
OH thats easy Steve say`s when in doubt reach for the Poorboy`s :D

clarks2ndwind
10-05-2007, 10:47 PM
CRAZY photo! I think I`ll put mine in the China Cabnet! and oh yea... Bimmerboy, you day is coming with the teenager thing! Just wait till your son is on your insurance with those fine cars you have! Our daughters was $800 more... in several months our sons insurance addition with be more like $1,200!! and that is not with college tuition with the daughter! Just you wait.... better start that detailing biz full time like you talked about! :) up late again... 3rd night in a row... gonna sleep in tomorrow!