PDA

View Full Version : Safe for Suede?

Mikeystang
09-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Im closing the deal on an R32 saturday and the seats are black leather with grey suede in the middle... What can i use to clean the suede without damaging it? Poorboys APC?

Poorboy
09-27-2007, 07:01 PM
check with a local leather shop there are some products just meant for suede..APC is not one of them ;)

Mikeystang
09-27-2007, 07:11 PM
check with a local leather shop there are some products just meant for suede..APC is not one of them ;)

lol thanx for the heads up... all the interior cleaners i see never say anything about suede... my buddy has the trailblazer SS and is xxxxxin to me to clean it for him but i never knew wat to use lol

Poorboy
09-27-2007, 07:41 PM
it`s a form of leather, but needs to be treated differently...shoe makers/repair shops also deal with suede shoes and might have a product that would be cheaper ;)

distrbd
09-27-2007, 07:53 PM
A soft wire brush or/and sand paper is what I used to use to clean my suede seat trims.

blk45
09-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Wouldn`t Woolite work?

Poorboy
09-27-2007, 08:26 PM
Wouldn`t Woolite work?

no, suede should not get wet ....here`s a link to cleaning..
How to Clean Suede | eHow.com (http://www.ehow.com/how_3139_clean-suede.html)

Beemerboy
09-27-2007, 08:38 PM
Have a look at alcantara leather cleaning...its a man made suede but there are cleaners that are deigned for it....I did some suede seats a few years back....Woolite mixed 5 to 1 with water, a soft plastic bristle brush to lift the nap ans stains, then shop vac to pick up everything, then a single side razor blade to remove any of the little balls in the nap...the ones that I did didn`t need the razor but the cleaner worked like a charm.

Here is a link to a thread that we had some time back on AL, the link is not working anylonger...sorry

http://www.detailcity.org/forums/detailing-general/7011-what-clean-alcantara.html?highlight=alcantara+leather

groebuck
12-14-2008, 10:26 PM
I know that people use white distilled vinegar on a cottonball to clean expensive suede shoes - the only problem is it smells like rotten eggs while it dries but does an amazing job

flash gordon
04-02-2009, 04:58 PM
:cool: WOW If someone can find a method for cleaning suede. I will have finally learned something on this site.:rofl:rofl:roflBack in tha 80`s M/B OFFERED SUEDE on a few of its models. But I was always told by everyone(dealer included) you can clean suede w/water.But after it dried tha suede would be stiff,and it would smell like a horse`s ass. Now we have come along way(products,equiptment) since tha 80`s so maybe there is a way now. Anyway to clean suede without getting it wet? :cool: :dcrules