PDA

View Full Version : New Use For Pc

black bart
09-27-2007, 06:32 PM
I been sanding the paint off my fender preparing it for a repaint. Since I want to remove it all that means a lot of sanding by hand.
I tried an air sander with 6" disc but the backing plate is too hard and it didn`t work worth a dam.
Then I thought about my PC with 6" backing plate and nice soft rubber on it so I put the sanding disc on my PC and WORKED LIKE IT WAS MADE FOR IT.:D

Poorboy
09-27-2007, 07:03 PM
I been sanding the paint off my fender preparing it for a repaint. Since I want to remove it all that means a lot of sanding by hand.
I tried an air sander with 6" disc but the backing plate is too hard and it didn`t work worth a dam.
Then I thought about my PC with 6" backing plate and nice soft rubber on it so I put the sanding disc on my PC and WORKED LIKE IT WAS MADE FOR IT.:D

lol ...that was its original purpose ;)

black bart
09-27-2007, 07:31 PM
All I have ever seen it referred to was a polisher.
If it was intended to be a sander All I can say is it is a good one. With a 120 disk and Set on 4 IT removed the clear in short time.

Poorboy
09-27-2007, 07:38 PM
All I have ever seen it referred to was a polisher.
If it was intended to be a sander All I can say is it is a good one. With a 120 disk and Set on 4 IT removed the clear in short time.

yeah it even comes with the sanding stuff , at least when you buy it at Home Depot or Lowes