PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Seal still sllick

CharlesW
09-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Last May, I used Optimum Poli-Seal with the PC and a Meg`s polishing pad on my 1993 Chris Craft.
I then applied one coat of Opti-Seal.
In the 4 months since then, it has been cleaned weekly with Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe.
It is in a covered lift and I also use a cover over the boat when we are not at the lake.
This week-end. I took the boat out to winterize it and store it for this season.
The finish was still looking great and was very slick to the touch. A little S&W use and it was ready to be put into hibernation.
The Opti-Seal over the Poli-Seal will probably be my protection for the boat again next year. Seemed to last the full season with very little attention. Any dirt, bugs, and bird droppings wiped right off with the S&W.
The boat is about the only thing I can do a long term test on if 4 months is considered long term. I can`t seem to leave the vehicles alone more than a month. :)
FWIW, Poli-Seal, Dura Gloss PBA, Dura Gloss #105 topped with the Opt-Seal is still looking good on both the Montana and the GTP, but they have a Dura Gloss Aqua Wax refresher about every 3 to 4 weeks. Not really much of a test. One thing I have noticed is how easily dirt is washed off. Even just a hard rain will take off a lot of the crud.
As a side note, the Opti-Seal isn`t cheap by the bottle, but a little sure goes a long way. It is not expensive per use.

Charles

Anthony O.
09-24-2007, 06:38 PM
Nice to hear Charles.

Wish I had a boat to try OptiSeal on but all my money went to braces for 3 kids....well that and my computer:rockon

Anthony