PDA

View Full Version : Just starting

wilkes006
09-23-2007, 07:25 PM
My name is Chris and I`m basing my business out of the Knoxville area. Just moved to the area with my family from Tampa, where I sold my business in swimming pool repair and maintenance. I am new to the world of professional detailing but am finding this site brutally helpful. I`ve been cleaning my cars for fourteen years now and hope the transition from hobby to money-maker goes smoothly.

I`ve been pulling tips from this site for the last month and feel like I have the basics of detailing and trailer setup down pretty good. The one question I have, that I haven`t been able to find on this site deals with open trailers. I`m eyeballing a 4 x 6, but feel with a 100 gallon water tank and supplies it might be insufficient. Would a 5 x 8 be a wiser choice? Any suggestions from you pros would be greatly appreciated.

I`ll be pulling the trailer with a Ford Sport-Trac. The trailer will be carrying typical equipment associated with this line of work.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Troy@Protekt
09-23-2007, 07:33 PM
Your going to want the heavier duty axle (3k lb) for sure.

As far as size, it`s all in how well you lay everything out. I`ve had an open 5x8 trailer before and an enclosed 6x10 trailer and they both had plenty of extra space the way I had them layed out.

There are companies out there that make detailing trailers and you can get ideas on layout from looking at what they have or go with one of their set-ups to make it easy on yourself. Just do a google search for detailing trailers and you will see lots of different set-ups.

Troy@Protekt
09-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Welcome to the site BTW.:welcome:

Stephan
09-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Welcome to the group:howdy

Beemerboy
09-23-2007, 07:58 PM
Welcome from Sonoma County CA

Brutally helpful that`s not one I`ve heard but absolutely ,obsessively, hundred perfect obsessively helpful, that`s it

blk45
09-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Welcome to DC, from your old neighborhood! Enjoy your stay. :dcrules

Troy@Protekt
09-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Brutally helpful that`s not one I`ve heard but absolutely ,obsessively, hundred perfect obsessively helpful, that`s it

Huh? :huh: :crazy2: :confused:

audiboy
09-23-2007, 10:23 PM
Welcome to DC! I hope you enjoy your stay.

Poorboy
09-23-2007, 10:34 PM
Welcome to DC ... :howdy

I don`t think either of those will be sufficient to carry a 100 gallon tank and other equipment ...you might look under Truedetailers posts for a thread about his new trailer ;)