PDA

View Full Version : Going to buy new products, need assitance

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mikeystang
09-17-2007, 03:36 PM
Ok guys, Im new to the boards but i do a bit of detailing out of my fathers auto garage and I want to get some better products... I currently use a PC 7424 for my machine. The majority of the products i use are Sonus and Meguiars. When I detail cars i always begin with a full wash and clay bar. Then depending on the condition of the paint, ill use either a SFX-1 (Orange Pad) or SFX-2 (Green Pad) and wrap it up with a coat of Meguiars NXT Tech Wax.

Now, the SFX products give pretty good results, but I want BETTER! I especially have problems with the more damaged paint, gettin out scratches/swirls/water spots etc.. and I want know what product/pad combo to use for a damaged paint. Something thats a pretty heavy cutter but won`t damage the paint. And a lot of the cars I detail only have problems with swirls, wats an excellent swirl buster/pad combo to use?

My routine with the PC is usally work the polish in with some pressure on 3.5 for a little, then use very light pressure on about 5.5. Is there a better routine than this?

Thanx for all the help guys!

Beemerboy
09-17-2007, 03:40 PM
Mike

With the PC the Poorboys line is a good one, very user friendly, easy on and off, will not break the bank and his combo products are great...polish with carnauba or the one with sealant...Pro polish very versatile...Natty`s paste wax... EX-P pure sealant very high gloss and even better with the Natty`s on top.. I have used his line for several years and its never let me down...he is one of the site sponsors....I recommend that you call Steve so that he can walk you threw the order and products

Mikeystang
09-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Mike

With the PC the Poorboys line is a good one, very user friendly, easy on and off, will not break the bank and his combo products are great...polish with carnauba or the one with sealant...Pro polish very versatile...Natty`s paste wax... EX-P pure sealant very high gloss and even better with the Natty`s on top.. I have used his line for several years and its never let me down...he is one of the site sponsors....I recommend that you call Steve so that he can walk you threw the order and products

awesome man.. I used the Nattys paste on my mustang and I couldn`t have been happier with the ease of laying and removing, and of course the shine... Ill def look more into the Poorboys line, also, when i apply wax, i usually apply by hand, and remove by hand, is there a better way?

Beemerboy
09-17-2007, 03:56 PM
awesome man.. I used the Nattys paste on my mustang and I couldn`t have been happier with the ease of laying and removing, and of course the shine... Ill def look more into the Poorboys line, also, when i apply wax, i usually apply by hand, and remove by hand, is there a better way?

Not if you are using a paste wax like Natty`s...suggestion is use some QD spray while applying the wax...mist a panel and then apply the wax makes it spread real easy, once its dry....remove using the same method...I use two MFT at this point, one to wipe up the QD and wax residue the other to buff...it will make the car come out even better

Mikeystang
09-17-2007, 04:02 PM
Not if you are using a paste wax like Natty`s...suggestion is use some QD spray while applying the wax...mist a panel and then apply the wax makes it spread real easy, once its dry....remove using the same method...I use two MFT at this point, one to wipe up the QD and wax residue the other to buff...it will make the car come out even better

sounds nice.. most of the time i apply the wax by hand with an app pad, then i spray something like Zaino Glass enhancer over the dried wax, and wipe it off.... usually makes wax removal a little simpler... ive never tried using a SD before applying the wax tho :wow:

Beemerboy
09-17-2007, 04:06 PM
sounds nice.. most of the time i apply the wax by hand with an app pad, then i spray something like Zaino Glass enhancer over the dried wax, and wipe it off.... usually makes wax removal a little simpler... ive never tried using a SD before applying the wax tho :wow:

try it with the QD while applying it...makes the wax spread real even

Mikeystang
09-17-2007, 04:09 PM
try it with the QD while applying it...makes the wax spread real even

sounds good.. lastly, any recomendations for pads.. i typically use SONUS pads, got anything better?

Beemerboy
09-17-2007, 04:12 PM
sounds good.. lastly, any recomendations for pads.. i typically use SONUS pads, got anything better?

if your talking about the foam pads those are a dime a dozen to me, the ones you have are as good as they get....PB has some MF applicators....I don`t care for them with paste wax but they could be used for that as well.

Mikeystang
09-17-2007, 04:15 PM
if your talking about the foam pads those are a dime a dozen to me, the ones you have are as good as they get....PB has some MF applicators....I don`t care for them with paste wax but they could be used for that as well.

ok good, im pretty much set... now i just gotta figure out the best way to clean carpets/cloth seats... customers car i have now - an animal pissed in it last week, gotta get that smell out ASAP lol

Beemerboy
09-17-2007, 04:20 PM
ok good, im pretty much set... now i just gotta figure out the best way to clean carpets/cloth seats... customers car i have now - an animal pissed in it last week, gotta get that smell out ASAP lol

A extractor is really the thing to have but in your case...Folex available in most all store is what you need...get some hot water and mix in some APC, about a 10 to 1 ratio...then with a soft plastic brush get the seat some what wet...not soaked....spray on some folex and use the brush...take a shop vac and get as much of the water out as possible, spray in some clean water and shop vac again....then get the car into the sun doors open to dry out

Mikeystang
09-17-2007, 04:27 PM
A extractor is really the thing to have but in your case...Folex available in most all store is what you need...get some hot water and mix in some APC, about a 10 to 1 ratio...then with a soft plastic brush get the seat some what wet...not soaked....spray on some folex and use the brush...take a shop vac and get as much of the water out as possible, spray in some clean water and shop vac again....then get the car into the sun doors open to dry out

cool.. i just picked up a 6.5HP craftsman wet/dry vac, excellent sucking power! I`ve seen people mention the mean green machine or something, is that something that is worth it? cleanin carpets is the hardest part for me, ive never really been satisfied with any carpet i clean... ive tried tons of products... i wouldn`t mind investin some money into a machine that will give back excellent results.

Beemerboy
09-17-2007, 04:36 PM
cool.. i just picked up a 6.5HP craftsman wet/dry vac, excellent sucking power! I`ve seen people mention the mean green machine or something, is that something that is worth it? cleanin carpets is the hardest part for me, ive never really been satisfied with any carpet i clean... ive tried tons of products... i wouldn`t mind investin some money into a machine that will give back excellent results.

The green machine is a waste since you have the Shop Vac...cleaning carpets is no trick....good brushes and the shop vac you will do a decent job...if you decide to get any extractor then look at the hot water Mytee line or the likes of those...I had one that I was using here but determined that it was over kill for the weekend jobs that I was doing....Pre-treating the rugs and brushing trouble areas is a good measure...Don`t be afraid to get the rugs wet, and then really work them hard with the Vac to get all the water you can out...most all my rugs come OK some time you can`t get it all out but mine come out OK...no complaints from my customers so far

Mikeystang
09-17-2007, 04:39 PM
The green machine is a waste since you have the Shop Vac...cleaning carpets is no trick....good brushes and the shop vac you will do a decent job...if you decide to get any extractor then look at the hot water Mytee line or the likes of those...I had one that I was using here but determined that it was over kill for the weekend jobs that I was doing....Pre-treating the rugs and brushing trouble areas is a good measure...Don`t be afraid to get the rugs wet, and then really work them hard with the Vac to get all the water you can out...most all my rugs come OK some time you can`t get it all out but mine come out OK...no complaints from my customers so far

Thanx bro... I can`t thank you enough for your help... It really helped me out!

Beemerboy
09-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Thanx bro... I can`t thank you enough for your help... It really helped me out!

no big deal its what makes this site great!

rayoto
09-18-2007, 06:55 AM
no big deal its what makes this site great!

"B"eermerboy,

I have to know if you wear a cape and have the letter "B" on your chest? You are always right on with the suggestions and recommendations.

I have been using the technique you mentioned for awhile now with the carpets and upholstery and have had great success. Throw in some 10:1 Woolite and your all set....Folex is great stuff as is the Kids and Pets you mentioned in another post.

:dcrules