PDA

View Full Version : Foaming Trigger Spray

Pages : [1] 2

NDJ
09-13-2007, 12:52 PM
:hmmm:
Am I missing something here? I just bought a couple of these mainly for my wheel cleaner. I get a decent foamy spray but it seems that so much is wasted through the two holes near the end of the spray nozzle.

Any suggestions as to if and what I may be doing wrong or is this just the nature of a foaming trigger sprayer?

Beemerboy
09-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Am I missing something here? I just bought a couple of these mainly for my wheel cleaner. I get a decent foamy spray but it seems that so much is wasted through the two holes near the end of the spray nozzle.

Any suggestions as to if and what I may be doing wrong or is this just the nature of a foaming trigger sprayer?

Welcome to the site to start. Thats pretty common with a foaming sprayer, mine gurgle once I release the trigger...is that what you are talking about?

CharlesW
09-13-2007, 01:49 PM

The same problem occurs with my "foaming" spray nozzles and because of that I no longer use them.
I think it may just be the nature of the foaming nozzles.

Charles

NDJ
09-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the replies BeemerBoy and CharlesW. I guess that I feel better knowing that I`m not missing something simple. But it`s a bummer to know that that`s something to be expected with these sprayers.

BeemerBoy, I haven`t experienced a "gurgling" sound when using it, I just get SOME foamy spray on the wheel and a lot of it sprays out to the sides kind of in a star pattern right at the sprayer.

I figure that there has to be a way to introduce additional air right before spraying in order to produce a foam out of a gel substance.

I`m with CharlesW. I`m going back to a regular sprayer and will just be content with using a little more on the intended surface and will just agitate it more on the wheel surface.

CharlesW
09-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the replies BeemerBoy and CharlesW. I guess that I feel better knowing that I`m not missing something simple. But it`s a bummer to know that that`s something to be expected with these sprayers.
I`m not sure this is something that happens with all foaming sprayers, but it does happen with mine.

I figure that there has to be a way to introduce additional air right before spraying in order to produce a foam out of a gel substance.
In my case, I`m not using a gel. I use it with liquid, Meguiar`s APC+ to be specific.

I`m with CharlesW. I`m going back to a regular sprayer and will just be content with using a little more on the intended surface and will just agitate it more on the wheel surface.
One other thing you will find. There`s some differences in regular sprayers as well. As of right now, I have no idea how to judge them until you have used them for a period of time. I have cheap ones, I have expensive ones, and I can`t say that any of them are all that great. I even tried the ZEP sprayers that were highly recommended and didn`t like the way the trigger was designed and gave several of them away.
My suggestion would be to buy as few as you need and see which ones you prefer. I thought I had to buy them at least 5 at a time and that was a mistake.
Not my first, not my last, not even my latest. :)

Charles

Beemerboy
09-13-2007, 04:02 PM

BeemerBoy, I haven`t experienced a "gurgling" sound when using it, I just get SOME foamy spray on the wheel and a lot of it sprays out to the sides kind of in a star pattern right at the sprayer.

Just switch over to a regular sprayer that`s what I use with no issue

Poorboy
09-13-2007, 08:35 PM
I use a foam sprayer with an adjustable nozzle with APC for tires and rims and it works fine after it`s adjusted ...does yours have an adjustment?

NDJ
09-13-2007, 09:06 PM
This is the sprayer that I have. It is adjustable and I have tinkered with it but perhaps not enough to ``master" it.

CharlesW
09-13-2007, 09:23 PM
This is the sprayer that I have. It is adjustable and I have tinkered with it but perhaps not enough to ``master" it.
That looks like the same sprayer I have and I wasn`t smart enough to figure out that it might be adjustable. I`ll have to give one another try in the next day or so.

Charles

Poorboy
09-13-2007, 09:44 PM

yes that`s the one... I have played with it and it can also react differently with different products :)

NDJ
09-14-2007, 06:48 AM
yes that`s the one... I have played with it and it can also react differently with different products :)

Thanks for the "heads up." I`ll tinker with it for using with an APC. Clearly my wheel cleaning spray gel must be too viscous for a foaming sprayer.

The interesting thing to me is that the reason I wanted to try a foaming trigger spray was that I had seen an ad recommending using a foaming trigger sprayer with a wheel cleaner gel.

Poorboy
09-14-2007, 07:23 AM
The interesting thing to me is that the reason I wanted to try a foaming trigger spray was that I had seen an ad recommending using a foaming trigger sprayer with a wheel cleaner gel.

I`ve tried it with some products that just wouldn`t foam at all...I figured it would make any product foam, but some just blobbed out with an awkward looking spray...:huh:

Poorboy
10-04-2007, 03:45 PM
just thought I`d update this thread with a few pictures of APC with a Foaming Trigger

Pockets
10-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Ahhh so thats why you had me take some pics of the foam lol. I had great results using it nice and foamy. :bigups

dr_detail
10-04-2007, 09:14 PM
... and the advantages of having the foam is.... ????? :confused::confused: