PDA

View Full Version : some times its not about the money

CalgaryDetail
09-11-2007, 12:28 AM
so a few months back a family friend (golfs twice a weekend with my dad) asked about getting his car detailed. I told him i would do it for him. He is a really nice guy, often calls me to see how school and what not is going. he was also recently diagnosed with severe colon cancer. So i thought it would be a nice gesture for him.
So i got a chance to finally do the car last Friday. It was cold so he had to go in and warm up a lot.

He was very impressed with the start of the job (up to the clay), kept talking about how impressed he was with the job. I told him we are just starting.

He had a birthday lunch to go to so he left (very apologetic.. wasnt a big deal to me) he said what will it be.. i said nothing i promised i would do it. the arguing lasted ten minutes.. he finally had to go... i won
So tonight was his b-day so my parents went out with him. When they came home they had a present for me.. The gentleman had gone out and picked up a bottle of scotch for me. I was very touched...i didnt expect anything. I did it because I wanted to. No matter how much money he had given me it would not have been the same. He went out, took the time out of his day, and hand picked something for me....
I guess the moral of this story is that sometimes its not about making a few bucks or having a nice little paycheck.. its about more.....

Its not always about the money

blk45
09-11-2007, 01:23 AM
Great story, thanks for sharing!

jtford95
09-11-2007, 04:39 AM
Point well taken. Much agreed.:bigups

audiboy
09-11-2007, 06:19 AM
Very nice story. I`m sure he really appreciated the kind gesture more than you realize.

vwgtivw
09-11-2007, 07:37 AM
Nice story and a nice guy, but you forgot to tell us what kind and year the scotch was.:cheers:

CalgaryDetail
09-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Nice story and a nice guy, but you forgot to tell us what kind and year the scotch was.:cheers:

I wondered how long it would take for someone to ask
Its a Glenmorangie- port wod finish

It suprisnly doset give me an age. i have hunted both the tube and the botle to find it, with no luck

either way its a good scotch. I have had a few glenmoragie in the past so i know they are not bad, not bad at all