PDA

View Full Version : Removing sap...

CBlakeNS
09-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Should I just use a clay to remove sap off paint and windows??

If not what do you guys use??

Thanks a lot,
Blake

Troy@Protekt
09-04-2007, 10:47 PM
You want to use a mild solvent. Poorboy`s Bug Squash works fast and easy. Rubbing Alcohol will work too but slower.

You will just gum up your clay bar if you use that.

Beemerboy
09-04-2007, 10:50 PM
Also mineral spirits at the wash stage...use a rag to wipe the paint and windows...let dwell with the rag on the area if necessary then wash off after its soften up

PA DETAILER
09-05-2007, 03:52 AM
do not laugh...best stuff i found is turtle wax bug & tar remover. leaves a deep wax shine behind. easy to work with! #t-520 black spray bottle/green label. found at wal mart. safe for all finishes.

Brenton
09-05-2007, 06:16 AM
No need to laugh.
Sometimes you get cars that can`t even wetsand the sap off safely. That happened yesterday to me.
I use Methyl Hydrate for tough stuff that doesn`t wash off. Don`t scrub, allow the product to do the work. It can stain the paint if you just pour it on, but controlled on a cloth is fine.

distrbd
09-05-2007, 03:57 PM
I have used both PB bug squash & ninja turtle bug& tar remover,both are good but Pb stuff works much faster.

jtford95
09-06-2007, 04:11 AM
IF you can get some Ardex Sap Remover. It work`s very well.

uflraptor
09-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Here is a another vote for PB Bug Squash. I know it is after the fact but this is exactly why it is important to keep a good coat of wax/sealant on your car. I love when friends come to me to get "xyz" off of their paint but won`t take the time/effort to care for their finish befor hand.