PDA

View Full Version : Is the economy slow???

CharlesW
08-31-2007, 04:49 PM
Three big time operations in our area seem to be having help problems and inventory problems.
The three being Menards, Target and Wal*Mart.
Lots of empty spaces on the shelves for days at a time. Shortage of cashiers at the checkouts. Even the shelves that have merchandise are often in a mess and the price tags are missing.
If it were just one store, I could blame it on a specific manager, but all three stores having less than capable management seems somewhat unlikely.
Any of you notice this type of thing in your area?

Charles

Beemerboy
08-31-2007, 05:24 PM
Those big box stores don`t pay that much so people don`t stay very long and those that do are not that educated....I hate to say that but that`s a sign of the times

Brenton
08-31-2007, 05:31 PM
Wouldn`t the trouble of finding low paying employees be a sign of a good economy?

CharlesW
08-31-2007, 05:32 PM
Those big box stores don`t pay that much so people don`t stay very long and those that do are not that educated....I hate to say that but that`s a sign of the timesI understand the pay and the turnover, but the lack of inventory and the messy displays are not the normal thing in these three local stores.
It seems to be something that occurs much more frequently the past 60 to 90 days.

Charles

Beemerboy
08-31-2007, 05:38 PM
Wouldn`t the trouble of finding low paying employees be a sign of a good economy?

The signs of a good economy is good paying jobs and lots of them

Charles

Could be a number of things for that I really don`t shop those types of stores so I don`t really have a good answer...sorry...my BNL works on the port here in Oakland and I know they are off for imports is what he tells me from previous years...could be the war, or completion for foreign goods in other parts of the world...as fro why they are all messed up lack of good help and those that are there don`t care no pride in there work

audiboy
08-31-2007, 10:43 PM
Didn`t you say that you had a university near you handing out degrees to illiterate athletes? Maybe they decided management was their only option after not making it into the NFL or NBA.