PDA

View Full Version : Classic Mustang.....

JaredPointer
08-27-2007, 01:46 PM
I thought some of you guys might enjoy reading about this. It seems some guy painted a `65 Mustang in his garage with Rustoleum and rollers. IT was interesting to say the least, and from the pictures (which we all know can be deceiving) it doesn`t look all that bad for what he`s got in it.

http://www.bryanswebpage.com/paint/Process/index.htm

Beemerboy
08-27-2007, 01:56 PM
The pics look good but I think there is a lot more blemishes than you can`t see from the pics....doing a small PC panel and making it look shiny is one thing...painting a whole car is another...on the vertical parts of the car the rattle can spray runs like crazy at least they do for me....wet sanding would bring that back but the roller part is beyond me.

Also the thickness of the paint has to be real thin so layering would be in order...maybe that`s where the rollers come in

Stephan
08-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Pretty amazing for using a roller...I would never think of doing it. But like Beemerboy said I wonder what this looks like up close and in person.

But never the less pretty good for items you could essentially get at homedepot.

audiboy
08-27-2007, 08:37 PM
I have to say that I`m pretty skeptical about this. But then again, I`d never do it, so the outcome doesn`t really affect me. It would be interesting to see how long this finish lasted though.

justin
08-27-2007, 10:58 PM
It`s actually really easy to do. You roll on a couple of thin layers, then sand, starting with say 600. Then roll a couple more, and up to 800. Keep doing this process till you end up at 2000 grit, and either roll on 1 more thin layer, or buff it at that point.

The Rustoleum paint holds up well too. I painted my old car black/white. It sat out in the sun for a year, and the black (on top) was still black.

It takes a lot of time painting a car with rollers (due to the repetitive process), but it does work well. I`ve seen a lot of other cars painted the same way, and they all look really good.

The nice part about my Rustoleum paint job was...... no swirls! :rofl

steveo3002
08-28-2007, 12:39 PM
ive been doing a few bits on our beater with rustoleum...its possible , the paint does flow out pretty nice once youve got the hang of it

JaredPointer
08-28-2007, 12:45 PM
I don`t know if any of you guys are reading the stuff posted in the article, but he`s using the stuff from the big can, mixing it 50/50 with mineral spirits, and then rolling it on. At first I thought it was kind of odd, but the car does look better than before.

Now, if you`ll all visit my website I can sell you the video, and all the supplies you`ll need for three easy payments of $59.99. :D

Beemerboy
08-28-2007, 01:04 PM
I don`t know if any of you guys are reading the stuff posted in the article, but he`s using the stuff from the big can, mixing it 50/50 with mineral spirits, and then rolling it on. At first I thought it was kind of odd, but the car does look better than before.

Now, if you`ll all visit my website I can sell you the video, and all the supplies you`ll need for three easy payments of $59.99. :D

Two things

Do you have candy apple red?
Is shipping included in that price?

:D

JaredPointer
08-28-2007, 02:13 PM
Yes. And shipping is a low,low $29.99.

Beemerboy
08-28-2007, 02:17 PM
Yes. And shipping is a low,low $29.99.

Yea but do you have candy apple red:D