PDA

View Full Version : Just Another Rant From Me

Beemerboy
08-13-2007, 04:42 PM
In all the sites that I post at and visit..this one seems to have the best advice, points of view and in general everyone gets along and supports each others views...that is not something that you see in a lot of on forums no matter what the site is about.....

That said...on a BMW site that I post on and learn about my BMW....I always visit the detail section and TRY and offer some advice....so someone asks the same old question that we have all heard here...

"what should I do for my brand new BMW"

I make the suggestion about clay, good wash soap and wash mitts, micro fiber towels and so on.....Almost every time I get back either from the same guy or another posters.....why use clay...the car is new...then after...another 12 posts about why I give in and tell them do it anyway you want.

This seems to be true about almost all detail related questions that I try an answer...they act like I am suggesting that you sand the car down and start over

Pockets
08-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Just one more reason why :dcrules:dcrules

I`m sure you have more experience and expertise than this guy that keeps talkin you down so tell the original poster that you have 44 years in this and he can do whatever he wants to do but you know what you are doing and don`t even bother wit that :crazy:idiot that doesn`t know what the heck he is doing.

sorry went on a little rant myself

Poorboy
08-13-2007, 05:27 PM
One thing to keep in mind Dave...at least from what i`ve seen here at our local BMW dealership ...all of them come completely covered, they are transported in enclosed carriers and they don`t do the train ride, so no rail dust ;) other than that they just don`t want to learn :notme:

nikro000
08-13-2007, 05:27 PM
In all the sites that I post at and visit..this one seems to have the best advice, points of view and in general everyone gets along and supports each others views...that is not something that you see in a lot of on forums no matter what the site is about.....

That said...on a BMW site that I post on and learn about my BMW....I always visit the detail section and TRY and offer some advice....so someone asks the same old question that we have all heard here...

"what should I do for my brand new BMW"

I make the suggestion about clay, good wash soap and wash mitts, micro fiber towels and so on.....Almost every time I get back either from the same guy or another posters.....why use clay...the car is new...then after...another 12 posts about why I give in and tell them do it anyway you want.

This seems to be true about almost all detail related questions that I try an answer...they act like I am suggesting that you sand the car down and start over

Let me help you Beemerboy. Answers for all personalities:

Why you should clay your car:

for the Spiritual:

Because clay connects you and your car to the mother earth and helps you feel the spirit that circulates in your paint and clearcoat,

for the Patriot:

Because the clay is taken from good, clean american soil and not putting that on the car is unamerican!

for the submissive:

Just clay your car, stupid!

For the baseball fan:

Because Barry Bonds does it too!

For the Democrat:

The Republicans would LOVE if you didn`t clay your car.

For the Republican:

Because abortionists NEVER clay their cars!

For the Televangelist:

Because the LORD wants you to have smooth paint! Can you feel the LORD?!

For Steve Jobs:

Yes, Mr Jobs you can get the claybars in white and , no, they cannot download music.

for Paris Hilton:

Look, clay!

Poorboy
08-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Let me help you Beemerboy. Answers for all personalities:

Why you should clay your car:

for the Spiritual:

Because clay connects you and your car to the mother earth and helps you feel the spirit that circulates in your paint and clearcoat,

for the Patriot:

Because the clay is taken from good, clean american soil and not putting that on the car is unamerican!

for the submissive:

Just clay your car, stupid!

For the baseball fan:

Because Barry Bonds does it too!

For the Democrat:

The Republicans would LOVE if you didn`t clay your car.

For the Republican:

Because abortionists NEVER clay their cars!

For the Televangelist:

Because the LORD wants you to have smooth paint! Can you feel the LORD?!

For Steve Jobs:

Yes, Mr Jobs you can get the claybars in white and , no, they cannot download music.

for Paris Hilton:

Look, clay!

:rofl :lol2:

Beemerboy
08-13-2007, 05:50 PM
Great answers all...thanks I needed the laugh...LOL

Its not that I don`t mind educating people on something that I feel I have some expertise in...its after a few posts I just give up on trying to help someone that thinks they have the answers to already...I feel at time all they wanted was for me and others to agree with them

audiboy
08-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Those reasons to clay are pretty funny. I can feel your pain Dave. I just don`t bother going into those sections of my car specific forums anymore. It`s an uphill battle that I`d just rather not fight.

Stephan
08-13-2007, 06:03 PM
The same thing happens on the Murano board. I went on another board and recommend clay and gave a link where to get some...their reply was why should I spend $20 on that clay, my kid has pounds of it at home....:passout:

Pander5
08-13-2007, 11:25 PM
One thing to keep in mind Dave...at least from what i`ve seen here at our local BMW dealership ...all of them come completely covered, they are transported in enclosed carriers and they don`t do the train ride, so no rail dust ;) other than that they just don`t want to learn :notme:

Unfortunately my new BMW took 2 train rides. One from the factory to the port of exit in Germany and another train ride from the Port of Charleston to Greenville SC. Of all the cars I`ve clayed mine had very little contamination to remove but I clayed mine within 1 hour of getting it home and it did remove some crap.

Poorboy
08-14-2007, 07:00 AM
Unfortunately my new BMW took 2 train rides. One from the factory to the port of exit in Germany and another train ride from the Port of Charleston to Greenville SC. Of all the cars I`ve clayed mine had very little contamination to remove but I clayed mine within 1 hour of getting it home and it did remove some crap.

Interesting to know :)