PDA

View Full Version : Today I used 1 ZGlanz!

rabbi
08-04-2007, 07:01 PM
My daughter got a Jetta today and wanted me to "clean" it up for her.She didn`t want me to go the full route(clay,wash,polish,glaze,seal and wax).She "let" me wash,polish and seal.She picked out Poorboy`s SuperSlick and Suds + Poorboy`s ProPolish + 1 Z Glanz Wax. The carwash was chosen because she sees me use this all the time. The polish because it was in front and she could reach it. 1 ZGlanz because she likes the name.
After a thorough bath(twice) it was time to "clean" it up. Although the car looked cleaned there was a BIG difference once these two processes were done. By this time I was anxious to break out the Glanz. It`s been a couple years since I`ve used this product.The contents in the can was in excellent condition once it was shaken more than vigorously and longer than my sanity should have allowed.The ol(d)factory was abused immediately when the cap was removed. The familiar scent of solvents permeated the air. I poured the 1Z on a round yellow foam pad and began to treat the paint. It`s about as viscous(thick) as water so the first couple tilts of the container resulted in way too much liquid.With my foam pad now saturated I started covering a lot of surface.It didn`t take much Glanz to do her car as it`s a small car and the product goes on thin(very).I left it on for a couple hours before I started to remove it.It didn`t come off as easy as some others that I have tried but the end result was/is gorgeous.I had to work harder than I`m accustomed to in removing products.The look is deep and shiney.So far it doesn`t appear to be that wet looking.I really like this product but the smell is a drawback.As for sealants there are others I like better but this is worthy of being on my shelf and used more often.:passout:

norahcrv
08-05-2007, 01:46 AM
Sounds like a lucky gal to me!! Not only a car & but a detail by her Dad!! :bigups
What colour is the Jetta??
How does the 1Z Glanz look after it has had a day to cure? Does it "improve with age" like so many of the current products??

rabbi
08-05-2007, 08:19 PM
The color is red and I haven`t seen it today. When I woke up she was gone and at 9:20 pm she`s still not home.:passout:

glen22
08-06-2007, 11:04 AM
I detailed a red Jetta also and it has been one of my favorite cars I detailed it cleaned up very nice. I am getting low on t-shirts though Rabbi I thought maybe we could make a group buy.

rabbi
08-06-2007, 11:32 AM
That`s a go from this end Glen! :lol2:.:thanks