PDA

View Full Version : cat hair removal

masters touch
08-01-2007, 11:57 AM
I have a potential customer who said she has cat hair on her convertible top. There`s no question that it`s fabric and this is where her cat camps out at from time to time. How do you guys suggest removing the cat hair effectively.

Poorboy
08-01-2007, 12:56 PM
I have a potential customer who said she has cat hair on her convertible top. There`s no question that it`s fabric and this is where her cat camps out at from time to time. How do you guys suggest removing the cat hair effectively.

use a sticky lint roller ..it picks it right up along with any light dirt;)

Beemerboy
08-01-2007, 01:00 PM

I use a shop-vac with the brush attachment its highly effective...or you can use a lint roller however some of the hairs get embeded into the material and require some agitation...I have done quite a few this way and they come out great...

Some area to be concerned with
Be VERY careful with how hard you press on the top and what you use...softer is better...some brushes can leave marks...if this has one of those plastic windows they scratch real easy.

I like to clean the tops with Ragg Topp cleaner and a soft plastic brush like a finger nail brush

then I like the aerosol protectant by then..leaves the top looking new..

For the window if its plastic I would use a chemical based polish like PB PP or a designated plastic polish like Novus

masters touch
08-03-2007, 08:15 AM
thanks for the advice fellas.