PDA

View Full Version : How Long Do You Keep Your Ww For Drying Your Car?

Pages : [1] 2

glen22
07-31-2007, 04:56 PM
I have a black car which is tough to keep fine scratches off the paint so I would like to know how long before you would stop useing your WW on your paint?

Beemerboy
07-31-2007, 05:22 PM
I have a black car which is tough to keep fine scratches off the paint so I would like to know how long before you would stop useing your WW on your paint?

I use my WW for drying the car only and the ones that I have that are 3 plus years old still work really well...I don`t see any reason to replace them....As long as the MFT do not get ant debris lodged in them making the surface rough I don`t see any reason not to keep using them...The only one thing that I have noticed is that they sometimes don`t seem like they are picking up quite as much water as when they where new...but once they get a bit wet they work like a charm..

audiboy
07-31-2007, 06:22 PM
I agree with Beemerboy. As long as they are in good condition, they should be good to use on your finish. I have a few that are 2 years old and they are still going strong.

BlueZero
07-31-2007, 06:30 PM
I`m with the others. If they are soft and preforming well, I see no reason to stop using them. Just make sure to wash them often. Also make sure you are doing a good job washing the car, any grit left behind will cause problems.

Poorboy
07-31-2007, 06:36 PM
I have some 3-4 years old that are as soft if not softer than they were when they were new:)

Beemerboy
07-31-2007, 07:46 PM
I have some 3-4 years old that are as soft if not softer than they were when they were new:)

shameless plug for his MFT:D :lmfao :D

Troy@Protekt
07-31-2007, 07:52 PM
If you bought them anywhere else but from Detail City they are no good anymore and you will need to replace them right away at Detail City - Auto Detailing Supplies & Car Care Products (http://www.detailcity.com).

We use specially formulated peanuts in our shipping that causes all the towels contained in our shipments to last forever and also causes the polishes and waxes we sell to last longer and perform better. These special peanuts also have a remarkable ability to stop premature aging when mixed with milk.*

* Warning! Has been known to cause birth defects in dogs. Results may vary.
Study was conducted through years of painful research and development.
Patent pending.
:gotcha:

CharlesW
07-31-2007, 08:18 PM
We use specially formulated peanuts in our shipping that causes all the towels contained in our shipments to last forever and also causes the polishes and waxes we sell to last longer and perform better. These special peanuts also have a remarkable ability to stop premature aging when mixed with milk.*
These specially formulated peanuts also have the remarkable ability to attach themselves to the products being unpacked, your clothes, your hands, basically anything other than the interior of the trash can you are trying to place them in. :D

As far as age of towels, I have several and they vary from 5 years to 5 weeks and all of them still work great. This includes both WW and terry/plush styles.
Some are from the DC Store, some are from Poorboy and some are from various other suppliers.

I do think a periodic vinegar second rinse after washing, (liquid laundry soap) helps retain or restore the softness.

Charles

Pockets
07-31-2007, 08:58 PM
If you bought them anywhere else but from Detail City they are no good anymore and you will need to replace them right away at Detail City - Auto Detailing Supplies & Car Care Products (http://www.detailcity.com).

* Warning! Has been known to cause birth defects in dogs. Results may vary.
Study was conducted through years of painful research and development.
Patent pending.
:gotcha:

:lmfao :lmfao :lmfao :lmfao :dcrules :dcrules

Since i have only been into detailing for like a year i have the WW from when i started and they still seem to be workin great after a year.

Poorboy
07-31-2007, 09:02 PM
These specially formulated peanuts also have the remarkable ability to attach themselves to the products being unpacked, your clothes, your hands, basically anything other than the interior of the trash can you are trying to place them in. :D

we only use static free peanuts that don`t stick:rockon
this extends the life of our WW at least one day longer than our competitors :notme:

Troy@Protekt
07-31-2007, 10:44 PM
we only use static free peanuts that don`t stick:rockon
this extends the life of our WW at least one day longer than our competitors :notme:

We use static free as well BUT we also use a vacuum system to load our peanut shoot which I think recharges them with some static.:( Anyways, I like to think of them as friendly peanuts.

Poorboy
08-01-2007, 06:38 AM
We use static free as well BUT we also use a vacuum system to load our peanut shoot which I think recharges them with some static.:( Anyways, I like to think of them as friendly peanuts.

yup :rockon we put them in individually by hand so they don`t get recharged:lol2:

Beemerboy
08-01-2007, 10:12 AM
Talk about a thread that has got derailed:eek:

What where we talking about?

Pockets
08-01-2007, 10:36 AM
yup :rockon we put them in individually by hand so they don`t get recharged:lol2:

*cough cough* don`t you mean pockets puts them in by hand :notme: :D

Sry bout the post going off glen22 once poorboy and troy get started someone has to win :lol2:

Poorboy
08-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Talk about a thread that has got derailed:eek:

What where we talking about?

We were talking about Waffle Weaves and how long a quality towel will last..not off topic at all :notme:

*cough cough* don`t you mean pockets puts them in by hand :notme: :D

only when pockets isn`t off fishing :rolleyes: