PDA

View Full Version : Did you know...?

Jngrbrdman
07-23-2007, 12:07 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/video/th_e9441fe7.jpg (http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/video/?action=view&current=e9441fe7.flv)

Pockets
07-23-2007, 12:20 PM
Wow thats kinda scary

nikro000
07-23-2007, 12:25 PM
Stunning!:eek:

Stephan
07-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Interesting although I disagree with a couple points, none that are that significant, but none the less. Saying that Luxemburg has more internet access coverage then the US...when you compare size, and what it costs to get to some of these remote areas...thats the difference.

And the last point saying that the marginal cost of improving the switches is $0, trust me its not...

Jngrbrdman
07-23-2007, 12:37 PM
I liked it because it was, in a not so subtle way, saying that America is not the center of the Universe. lol

IbisA4
07-23-2007, 02:05 PM
Interesting although I disagree with a couple points, none that are that significant, but none the less. Saying that Luxemburg has more internet access coverage then the US...when you compare size, and what it costs to get to some of these remote areas...thats the difference.

And the last point saying that the marginal cost of improving the switches is $0, trust me its not...

This is correct. We are spending millions to retrofit our switches for this. Not so much the switches, but the transport required to bet the dial tone and data from the switches to the fiber. Which is not already there, we have to install that also.

audiboy
07-23-2007, 06:32 PM
It was pretty interesting information. I was having a hard time keeping up with text though. I was busy trying to figure out where the music came from. I think it might be from Braveheart, but I`m not sure.

Jngrbrdman
07-23-2007, 06:34 PM
It isn`t braveheart. It sounded more like Last of the Mohicans (or however you spell it)

Stephan
07-23-2007, 07:05 PM
This is correct. We are spending millions to retrofit our switches for this. Not so much the switches, but the transport required to bet the dial tone and data from the switches to the fiber. Which is not already there, we have to install that also.

Exactly...the switches themselves (Lucent, Siemens, Nortel) and such don`t really get upgraded much but the transport and the Rings we put in cost alot. We have some bays that that in one bay alone the cards in one shelf could buy you a nice house.

audiboy
07-23-2007, 07:12 PM
It isn`t braveheart. It sounded more like Last of the Mohicans (or however you spell it)

That`s what it`s from. I have way too many movies at my house(over 600) and it`s hard to keep them straight.

cwcad
07-23-2007, 07:16 PM

You re correct.. The Last of the Mohicans. Great movie!!

Interesting information.

Tex Star Detail
07-23-2007, 08:37 PM
wish I lived in the past.....

simple life, not all this technology mumbo jumbo...

I feel sorry for my kids when they get older and their kids when the time comes.....