PDA

View Full Version : Problem with taking a credit card

Tex Star Detail
07-14-2007, 07:41 PM
OK, I take credit cards as a type of payment. I do it through paypal, and integrated it into my site. It is very simple for the customer. They simply log onto my site, click on payment options, and it takes them to a paypal page with my business name up top.

I detailed an SUV on Monday. The lady was pregnant and was in the hospital giving birth. We came to the conclusion that payment would be made with a CC when she came home later on that day. I left the invoice in the front seat and waited. Military family, her husband is an officer I believe, just came home from war, on the same day the baby arrive.

Anyways, I figured I`d give a day or 2. Kept checking, and nothing. I finally called and asked about payment, in which she said she had already paid. :confused:
I double checked the paypal account, and nothing. Just to make sure, I sent myself $1 to make sure it was working, to which it was. She said she has it on her CC statement as well.
When you pay me w/ a CC, you can print off a receipt, in which it has a Transaction ID #. She said she had the number. She is going to send it via email, but it`s taking a while.

How should I go about this? I have ever had CC problems. If her statement says she paid, but she does NOT have a transaction # from paypal itself, what should be the next step I go with?

Poorboy
07-14-2007, 08:39 PM
you need to take the paypal transaction # from her and then call paypal ... i always prefered cash or checks ;)

(901)
02-11-2010, 08:55 AM
OK, I take credit cards as a type of payment. I do it through paypal, and integrated it into my site. It is very simple for the customer. They simply log onto my site, click on payment options, and it takes them to a paypal page with my business name up top.

I detailed an SUV on Monday. The lady was pregnant and was in the hospital giving birth. We came to the conclusion that payment would be made with a CC when she came home later on that day. I left the invoice in the front seat and waited. Military family, her husband is an officer I believe, just came home from war, on the same day the baby arrive.

Anyways, I figured I`d give a day or 2. Kept checking, and nothing. I finally called and asked about payment, in which she said she had already paid. :confused:
I double checked the paypal account, and nothing. Just to make sure, I sent myself $1 to make sure it was working, to which it was. She said she has it on her CC statement as well.
When you pay me w/ a CC, you can print off a receipt, in which it has a Transaction ID #. She said she had the number. She is going to send it via email, but it`s taking a while.

How should I go about this? I have ever had CC problems. If her statement says she paid, but she does NOT have a transaction # from paypal itself, what should be the next step I go with?

Sounds like she was trying to jam you to me :redface:

Wonder how this ever worked out :surrender

you need to take the paypal transaction # from her and then call paypal ... i always prefered cash or checks ;)

1)Cash

2)Check

3)Trade/Barter

These are the methods I subscribe to :rockon

Mr. Clean
02-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Whoa, old thread! So whatever happened on that one Tex? BTW, Poorboy now uses PayPal, but he still takes my checks. :)

Tex Star Detail
02-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Wow, yea, pretty old thread. Honestly, I don`t remember that. I`m sure I go t my money though.
I actually now have a wireless credit card machine. Take everything except AMEX

Mr. Clean
02-11-2010, 09:27 PM
I either missed the thread in its original life, or forgot it. In reading it now, my thought about the title would be...problem with taking a credit card is the bite the credit card company takes out of each transaction. I guess the same is true with PayPal.

tmacsad
02-11-2010, 11:16 PM
I actually now have a wireless credit card machine.

Only way to go Tex ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

problem with taking a credit card is the bite the credit card company takes out of each transaction.

Ain`t that the truth :wall

Tex Star Detail
02-12-2010, 09:19 AM
My rates arent bad I pay a $5 a month wireless fee, .20 per CC transaction and .00 per debit card transaction. Then on top, they take right around 1-1.5 percent. I just had a rate review and they dropped the fees, not sure how low they went yet. Then every month I have a debit card fee, which is generally around $7. I normally see about 2.50-4.00 taken out of every transaction over $175.

Instead of buying the machine, I decided to lease it. 5 years. Im passed halfway through, but the damn thing costs me 69 bucks a month. Next time I`m buying outright... Still worth it though, I use it several times a month, and some clients only prefer to pay with card. I had a few that wouldn`t use my service unless I took a CC.

Mr. Clean
02-12-2010, 12:32 PM
I am a bit surprised at the seemingly low rate. Do you take Discover? It just seems like the rates were above 1.5% and that was when it was first introduced.