PDA

View Full Version : Just Call Me Bad

Beemerboy
07-09-2007, 03:08 PM
I love to call from the Craigslist ad`s for detailers and see what kind of answers that I get...helps me to realize just how to handle my prospects, and not sound like a snake oil sales person...

Today I called on one that states that he has a 5 year paint sealant....its Perma Plate that they put on...tells me all about how I won`t have to wax for 5 years...asked about swirl removal...he tells me that they remove them with a special machine...and guaranties that they will not come back...I questioned the machine...Porter Cable he says that spins in a different direction than any other buffer.

I`ve called a few others but it seems like across the board that most detailers that I talk to are so hungry for business that they are willing to knock the service of the others, this guy did it...talk in detail type terms where I can see would baffle the average person.

I have a very straight forward approach to what I do...talk about the car, ask about general condition and then go off that...or see that car in person....if they ask about what I use then I tell them, coupled with my 30 plus years of hands on experience...if that doesn`t convince them to want to work with me then I don`t care.

I do at the end of the job and I`m turning the car back...I will point out what I have done...and then why I am different than the other detailers in the area...I haven`t lost one customer.

Beemerboy
07-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Here is the ad that I run on Craigslist

" Selling Your Car??? Want to get top $$$$"

It’s proven every day on used car lots that a well cleaned / detailed car will bring better money and get more offers

I have over 30 years hands on experience at detailing vehicles of all kinds.

I am a full service detailer meaning that I can do about anything that you require.

I do a lot of R&D on the products that I use and keep abreast of all the new techniques and processes.

I offer a pickup and delivery so that you don’t have to disturb your day to get your car done, or you can bring it to me.

My rates are based on time but average from $150 to $350 depending on condition and size

Send me an email and will be happy to give you a quote.

If you looking for the best value in auto detailing I’m your choice!!

Reference are available if needed.

nikro000
07-09-2007, 03:21 PM
...and guaranties that they will not come back....

Yeah right! And tomorrow the Pope will marry and open a condom shop! I`d LOVE to see that guarantee in writing!:dnaughty

nikro000
07-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Here is the ad that I run on Craigslist

" Selling Your Car??? Want to get top $$$$"

It’s proven every day on used car lots that a well cleaned / detailed car will bring better money and get more offers

I have over 30 years hands on experience at detailing vehicles of all kinds.

I am a full service detailer meaning that I can do about anything that you require.

I do a lot of R&D on the products that I use and keep abreast of all the new techniques and processes.

I offer a pickup and delivery so that you don’t have to disturb your day to get your car done, or you can bring it to me.

My rates are based on time but average from $150 to $350 depending on condition and size

Send me an email and will be happy to give you a quote.

If you looking for the best value in auto detailing I’m your choice!!

Reference are available if needed.

Very nice and professional. If I would have to look for detailers, the 30 years of experience would do it for me.

Beemerboy
07-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Very nice and professional. If I would have to look for detailers, the 30 years of experience would do it for me.

That`s the reason I put that down along with reference`s no one has ever asked me for them...but I have plenty

Stephan
07-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Well I suppose if you buff it with the machine that move in a different direction (PC LOL) and put a sealant on it, cover it, place it in a controlled climate storage and never wash it it may last for a few years...

I give you credit I would have argued with him...

nikro000
07-09-2007, 10:40 PM
Well I suppose if you buff it with the machine that move in a different direction (PC LOL) ....

Yes, I admire how this guy explains to the uninitiated his detailing "magic". He probably even uses those magical towels with billions of tiny fibers, developed by those brain surgeon-NASA scientists. The researchers call them "microfibers". And don`t get him started on those high-tech devices the professionals refer to as C.L.A.Y.B.A.R.S. ...:rofl