PDA

View Full Version : i have decided to....

bacwoodsboy
07-08-2007, 08:59 AM
try something different, i have come to realize that there are 3 groups of clients out there
1.the i dont care(run it through a auto washer etc.)
2.the i`ll pay $40-100 group who just want to maintain what they have.
3.the cash out of my butt group who can pay $100-300 bucks for a detail....

i live in a somewhat rural area where the average income is somewhere around $45k-$75k per year...most my clients just wont pay over a hundred buck for a detail.... not saying i havent tried pushing. so i have decided for my demographic area targeting group #2 is my best bet...it will take me more cars to make the same amount but my clients seem very happy with it just looking shiny... i do have a few high end clients but most my group is middle class america ...i think by focusing on this group and offering a budget friendly service the clients will keep it coming back and on a weekly schedule. what do you guys think?

GlossyTundra
07-08-2007, 10:09 AM
That is the exact same situation I am in. I have very few customers willing to pay over $100 for anything. Usually, I will end up taking a couple of $100 details and make the same money as one big detail.

GearHead_1
07-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Well... absolutely the first rule of a profitable business is to know your market. ;) That said you have to do what it takes in order to make a buck. It also doesn`t mean you have to sacrifice quality. It just means you can`t offer the same level of attention that you would a $300 detail. At the prices you are stating you know that your competitors aren`t doing the whole shooting match, find out what they are doing and best them. You can still offer the best $100 detail in town.

bacwoodsboy
07-09-2007, 07:36 AM
well the good thing is that there are no other professional detailers in my town they are all carwashers who call buffing and polishing body work.....anyway i have expanded down to Panama City Beach and the prices are about the same as the group #2 but there are alot of #3`s so i still a 100-300 group there i just have to start the " i`m a trust worthy detailer" thing again:D anyway thanks for the info guys and always remember the Florida Gators will be winning another title this year:rockon