PDA

View Full Version : Mac iPhone?

Pages : [1] 2

Beemerboy
06-29-2007, 10:23 AM
You have to be kidding me that people are camping out in front of stores, to buy a cell phone:wow:

The cost for the phone is astronomical and coupled with the two year service commitment...is ridiculous:eek:

I`m betting that the phone won`t last two years without many of them having problems....As an example, I have a Motorola Razor....I got it well after the hype was over....I have had it less than two years and this is my third phone..first one stopped taking a charge, second the screen had so much dust under it that I could barely read it...the current one works OK but once in a while rings for no reason...cell phone ghost:cool:

Don`t get me wrong I love technology but this is well beyond believe to, what some will go threw to have the latest and greatest.

The Chee
06-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Taken from here (http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/fry/22C59B0957BF44ABCC2573020003502A)

The iPhone sucks because:

* It’s too expensive
* It’s tied up with a single provider
* It has no 3G, only lame GPRS/EDGE
* Steve Jobs doesn’t want third party developers for it
* The touchscreen is nasty
* The Wifi radio will eat battery
* It’s no good for business users
* It’s tied up with iTunes
* It doesn’t do PXTs/MMS
* It doesn’t have Instant Messaging support
* Apple didn’t include GPS
* No removable battery

:hmmm: overhyped :surrender

nikro000
06-29-2007, 10:50 AM
You have to be kidding me that people are camping out in front of stores, to buy a cell phone:wow:

The cost for the phone is astronomical and coupled with the two year service commitment...is ridiculous:eek:

I`m betting that the phone won`t last two years without many of them having problems....As an example, I have a Motorola Razor....I got it well after the hype was over....I have had it less than two years and this is my third phone..first one stopped taking a charge, second the screen had so much dust under it that I could barely read it...the current one works OK but once in a while rings for no reason...cell phone ghost:cool:

Don`t get me wrong I love technology but this is well beyond believe to, what some will go threw to have the latest and greatest.

You`re right! It`s not the technology - it`s the hype. Look at those lines - mostly teens. It is the "must have" phone of the season. If Steve Jobs would create a white cooking spoon (iSpoon) and be able to create the same hype for it -I bet you would see the same lines. Well no, not quite that long, because part of it IS the gadget factor (touchscreen and all). But this relation is about 30%-70% (30% gadget and technology - 70% hype). Later in life, when it is not so important to have the newest and coolest, people start to think and find out that there are often disadvantages to buying the very first model of a new gadget, because the kinks might not be fully worked out.
:wall

Beemerboy
06-29-2007, 12:25 PM
You`re right! It`s not the technology - it`s the hype. Look at those lines - mostly teens. It is the "must have" phone of the season. If Steve Jobs would create a white cooking spoon (iSpoon) and be able to create the same hype for it -I bet you would see the same lines. Well no, not quite that long, because part of it IS the gadget factor (touchscreen and all). But this relation is about 30%-70% (30% gadget and technology - 70% hype). Later in life, when it is not so important to have the newest and coolest, people start to think and find out that there are often disadvantages to buying the very first model of a new gadget, because the kinks might not be fully worked out.
:wall

The iSpoon....that has to be one of the funniest things I`ve read in a while.......LOL

Stephan
06-29-2007, 12:31 PM
I work for AT&T...the IPhone carrier and I am not even buying one...I mean $600 for a phone...forget it...I will wait for when the new pearl phone comes out later this year.

Coastal Eddie
06-29-2007, 01:11 PM

Checkout their latest product:rofl

http://www.glumbert.com/media/irack

Stephan
06-29-2007, 01:12 PM
check out comedy central`s site, they have a funny vidoe of the stephen colbert show, where he complains how MAC did not send him a free I phone...its pretty good.

Jngrbrdman
06-29-2007, 01:55 PM
I`ll just wait another two years for when they are giving phones like this out for free with new service. lol Never ever ever buy new technology on the first run. This thing will have more bugs than the Amazon and will be a major nightmare to fix. The only thing that would put me in a line camping out all night for a piece of phone like that is the fact that I know I could sell it for a grand on ebay. Turn it on, cancel it and pay the early termination fee, then sell it to whoever wants to pony up the cash. Some millionaire`s kid out there is too lazy to wait in line and will pay big bucks for this thing. Just watch. If they start selling for lest than a thousand dollars then I`ll be shocked.

YNOT
06-29-2007, 03:27 PM
Never ever ever buy new technology on the first run.

Yeah...I`ll be anxious to see what people think of these phones after a while. I love cool new stuff like this, but I barely make enough money to afford gas for my car...absolutely no way I`m paying that much for a friggin` phone.:wow:

I can`t believe how expensive ALL of these new electronic gadgets and games are nowadays. I`d love to have a PS3, but I can`t bring myself to spend that much on a gaming system.

I`ll just stick with my Razr phone...it`s done well for the first year now...no problems to speak of yet (knock on wood).:bigups

Jngrbrdman
06-29-2007, 04:16 PM
I had issues with my RAZR when I first got it. I only had to replace it once though. Now I`m using the Blackberry Pearl, but the RAZR is still around here somewhere.... lol

rabbi
06-29-2007, 04:34 PM
I have no cell phone. I want no cell phone. Therefore I miss no calls,no ghosts rings,no cutting out. no dead batteries. As far as I`m concerned I`m missing nothing.I :love: it.:passout:

harry444
06-29-2007, 08:20 PM
Oh come on Stephan your just mad at&t won`t give it to us for free like other phones that they have ....:rofl and were not AT&T we are now the new at&t:hmmm: :eek: :hmmm: :huh:

Pockets
06-29-2007, 08:56 PM
I have no cell phone. I want no cell phone. Therefore I miss no calls,no ghosts rings,no cutting out. no dead batteries. As far as I`m concerned I`m missing nothing.I :love: it.:passout:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :huh: What about just for saftey reasons. :confused:

The Chee
06-29-2007, 10:42 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :huh: What about just for saftey reasons. :confused:

He uses smoke signals of course ;) :lol2:

rabbi
06-30-2007, 08:08 AM
Haven`t missed an emergency yet.Besides who uses their phone ONLY FOR EMERGENCIES?:passout:
Nice one Chee.