PDA

View Full Version : Bought myself a little four banger - few pics

Pages : [1] 2 3

Scott P
06-28-2007, 04:14 PM
The wife and I decided that it was time to buy a new car. We`ve been trying out cars for a few months now and last night we brought the new one home. It was up in Austin, so it made for a long day in driving up there, purchasing the car and driving back. We also had to deal with a couple good rain storms in that 380 mile round trip.

The car is a 2006 MazdaSpeed 6. It was a corporate demo and has about 10,000 miles on it. We got it for a good price, so we`re happy. Both the wife and I are pretty excited about the car. 270 HP and a six speed manual will do that to a person. It`s a fun little car and I`m looking forward to detailing it pretty soon.

Here are a few pics:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o2/smpreston/Speed6/frnt_dvr.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o2/smpreston/Speed6/rear_dvr.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o2/smpreston/Speed6/frnt_low.jpg

And the little four banger hamster wheel of a motor. :)

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o2/smpreston/Speed6/DSC01719.jpg

The color is Titanium Gray Metallic. The paint is in excellent shape and I`m sure it`s going to pop when I`m done with it. The interior has the token greasy dressing on it, so that`s my first task.

harry444
06-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Looks Good lots of luck I bet that 6 speed is sweet!:dnaughty :rockon :cheers:

jaybs02
06-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Congrats on the new car, I like the color.

Best of luck with it

"J"

audiboy
06-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Congrats on the new vehicle. How long does the turbo take to spool up to power?

Beemerboy
06-28-2007, 08:16 PM
With the turbo that thing should fly and do well on gas....nice car great choice!

Poorboy
06-28-2007, 08:32 PM
looks nice..good luck with it:bigups

CBlakeNS
06-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Yep, agree with poorboy...looks good!

Mr. Clean
06-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Big fan of that color :bigups as well as the body style.

Have you owned a turbocharged vehicle before? The Wife`s VW NB TS is our first. We pretty consistently run our vehicles for 7 yrs and @ 150K miles. Yet I`ll admit I fear the turbo repair. :eek:

How about some photos of the interior layout,

MYC5VERT
06-28-2007, 10:04 PM
My buddies dad has one of these. They spool quick, full boost by 2900 rpm, and have TONS of torque for a little 4 cyl. They dyno to the wheels STOCK what mazda claims at the motor.

How do you find your clutch? Is it really on or off on your car too? I know my friends dads is really interesting to drive if you arent used to it.

Jngrbrdman
06-28-2007, 11:43 PM
Nice car! I hope you get better gas milage than I did with my last turbo four cylinder. My `05 Legacy GT got about 20 mpg on the highway. In town it was crap at about 17 mpg. That turbo just eats it up. The AWD probably didn`t help much either. lol The MS6 was what was compared with the LGT most when I had it, so I`m familiar with its performance. I`m sure you are going to love it.

MYC5VERT
06-29-2007, 01:25 AM
Nice car! I hope you get better gas milage than I did with my last turbo four cylinder. My `05 Legacy GT got about 20 mpg on the highway. In town it was crap at about 17 mpg. That turbo just eats it up. The AWD probably didn`t help much either. lol The MS6 was what was compared with the LGT most when I had it, so I`m familiar with its performance. I`m sure you are going to love it.

We got 37 MPG going to kelowna with my friends dads last summer, cruise set at 130ish

Scott P
06-29-2007, 06:41 AM
Thanks for the compliments everyone.

This is my first turbo car. It does seem to spool up quickly and the power is right there when you need it. I did get about 25 mpg on the trip back from Austin. I think most people average 20-21 in mixed driving.

It`s also my first daily driver with manual. I find the clutch a little tough, but the wife has no issues with it. :confused: I guess all that seat time in the MG comes in handy. :)

I`ll get some more shots up soon enough. I really need to detail it. The interior is covered in greasy dressing, but some APC should take care of that. The seats are a black (graphite) leather with silver stitching. The dealer had the windows tinted (Llumar) as part of the sales package.

Beemerboy
06-29-2007, 09:42 AM
We got 37 MPG going to kelowna with my friends dads last summer, cruise set at 130ish

This caught my eye are you saying that you had the cruise control set at 130 MPH:eek:

I took my 540i BMW up to 130 MPH the other day and trust me that`s smoking fast:wow:

sneek
06-29-2007, 10:04 AM
That`s a pretty fun four banger.

Congrats.

Mr. Clean
06-29-2007, 11:24 AM
Re: turbo gas mileage. The Wife seems to consistently get mid-20s MPG with mixed driving. She also has a 6spd manual and a "heavy" foot (ie. she prefers to lead than to follow :D ) They do call for the added cost of premium fuel. That stings a bit.