PDA

View Full Version : SWR II verse DACP

JeffBruce
08-25-2003, 08:33 AM
Did my hood this weekend, light scracthes and swirls.
Used Porter Cable and Rotary, meguiars purple pad.

Use`d Porter cable with SWR II and swirls went away, but sratches were still there.

Put PC away....

Used Rotary with SWR II (twice)
Scratches did not leave.

Used DACP with Rotary, applied it twice and scratches left.

AM thinking SWR II is not as aggressive as DACP.

I do not have SWR III.

jeff

NattyBumppo
08-25-2003, 09:19 AM
Yes you would be correct. I also think SSR2 has a bit less bite than DACP......actually a tad more than SSR1. If I were to compare on a Megs abrasive scale I would put SSR1 at the same level as Swirl Free (#3 on the scale), SSR2 at a number 4 or 5 (say like Speed Glaze or Meg`s Light Cut Cleaner) and SSR3 jumps up to a number 8 or around the same as Compound Power Cleaner on their scale.

As you can see, SSR3 is pretty haevy duty stuff. With a cutting pad (I`ve used it with the Edge yellow mediumcut pads and also Meg`s maroon cutting pads) it really digs in. I`ve also used it with polishing pad and even an extra fine polishing. I recall watching Steve use SSR3 with the extra fine polishing pad on the rotary and I thought he was nuts! He said "listen grasshopper, let the product do the work". LOL Anyway, the combo was a real eye opener cause it took care of some really nast scratches but with the pad left the finish in very good condition with almost zero haze and no buffer marks. I pass with SSr2 and polishing pad and the finish was back to perfect.

Natty