PDA

View Full Version : Not for `detailing` but a post card idea...

YNOT
06-23-2007, 02:53 PM
Okay...as most of you know, I have a design business on the side which strictly targets the `automotive industry`. Well, I`m working on a second post card to mail out since my first one was pretty successful. Since you guys are `car-guys` I figured you`d be a good place to bounce this off of for some feedback.

I`m loving the color scheme especially, and I`m thrilled with it...I`m just curious if it has that impact on everyone else who are into cars.

Does this card appeal to you visually? Do you think it showcases my illustration/design abilities? Would it entice you to check out my website at the very least? I want to make sure that it`s going to work.

http://www.satanclauz.com/mynot/post_card_red2_607.jpg

Thoughts and comments are certainly welcome. I`ve got another, bigger flyer (8-1/2 x 11") I`m working on that is strictly geared for `custom paint design` which I`ll hand out at car shows. It`s got color images of cars I`ve designed.

Thanks for your help guys and gals...I appreciate your time very much.

audiboy
06-23-2007, 03:03 PM
The back of the card is good, but the front is a bit off for me. If you were trying to replicate a new Corvette, the back end could use some work. There`s also a bit too much camber in the front wheel for my taste. The color work and shading is pretty good though. If those two things were corrected, I would definitely check out your website to see what your services offer.

YNOT
06-23-2007, 03:13 PM
If you were trying to replicate a new Corvette, the back end could use some work. There`s also a bit too much camber in the front wheel for my taste.

I actually `skewed` it all intentionally, exagerating the wheel sizes and curves, sloping the roof line down...extending the hood...more of a cartoon or caricature, so maybe that`s why it looks a little off. Does that make sense?

audiboy
06-23-2007, 03:54 PM
I actually `skewed` it all intentionally, exagerating the wheel sizes and curves, sloping the roof line down...extending the hood...more of a cartoon or caricature, so maybe that`s why it looks a little off. Does that make sense?

I had a feeling that it might have been done intentionally, but wasn`t positive.

GearHead_1
06-23-2007, 05:01 PM
Nice job! A 70 Mach 1 would have really have really driven your point home. Yeah, I`m still jabbin` ya.

Accord04
06-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Beautiful job! I would definitely check out your website if I seen this card :)

RTexasF
06-23-2007, 07:50 PM
I don`t care for the "cartoon" rendition of the yellow Vette.....it should look more realistic. The mid section and rear is too out of proportion with the front. It is just too exaggerated. The other side looks good.

vwgtivw
06-23-2007, 09:24 PM
Love the front and the back. Very eye catching design. I would take a second look at a card designed like that.

YNOT
07-05-2007, 05:44 PM
YESSSSS!!!! I got my post cards today and they turned out even better than I had hoped!!!! The spot varnish on the car and the `SEMA` logo really make her `pop`! It`s a little hard to see in the picture...

http://www.satanclauz.com/mynot/FINAL_postcard.jpg

I can`t wait to start addressing these and mailin` them out.

If you`re nice and send me a PM with your address, I might drop one in the mail to ya...well...if ya want one. ;)

BlueZero
07-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Very nice!!! I wish I had a business again, I would hire you to do my logo / cards.

The SEMA logo looks like it`s added on the surface of the card. Very cool!

davekt
07-05-2007, 11:36 PM
Mate they look great.

Stephan
07-06-2007, 04:58 AM
Excellent work as always...I give you alot of credit the things you can do are pretty amazing.:bigups