PDA

View Full Version : Hey Dallas!! You still there??

norahcrv
06-18-2007, 09:42 AM
I just caught a teaser on the news this morning as I was getting ready for work, and they said that there had been "sudden & severe flooding last night in the Dallas area" ?? :confused:

Hope all our Dallas citizens are high & dry!! :pray:

PS - I saw one picture of a car that had been lifted by the floodwaters & dumped on top of another. :eek:

MagicCity33
06-18-2007, 09:55 AM
They are getting the rain that we need man!!!!!

Poorboy
06-18-2007, 10:00 AM
I saw on the news that Tulsa. OK also was getting flooded:eek:

Mr. Clean
06-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Norah, thanks for asking :) We (Dallas/suburbs) are still here. There has been some flooding of many areas local to the Dallas Metroplex, but the real story is north of Dallas. Both Sherman (Grayson Co.) and Gainesville (Cooke Co.) have been hit with 7-8" of rain over night. Gainesville is particularly hard hit, the downtown area appears to be completely under water.

We have been in a 2 year drought pattern, and for many of us that pattern has been broken with area lakes, which are used for both recreational and a municipal water source, are finally full. Believe it or not, we still have a couple of lakes to our East which are still below their conservation level.

I can tell you that you will rarely hear a native Texan complain about rain, especially this time of year. We`ve seen the effects of hot, dry Texas summers enough to appreciate every drop. This time some North Texans have gotten a bit more than they prayed for.

Stephan
06-18-2007, 12:22 PM
I just saw some of the pictures and read the story about the poor little girl who died...they were in a boat and it capsized and the current dragged her out of her arms. Just shows you natures power...sad...:(

JaredPointer
06-18-2007, 08:20 PM
They are getting the rain that we need man!!!!!

I feel you, bro.

Tex Star Detail
06-18-2007, 08:21 PM
We got dumped on here as well, about 3 hours south af Dallas.......