PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas` Summer Bash Car Show

audiboy
06-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Two weeks ago, I heard about an upcoming local car show and decided that I might want to enter my car. After seeing that they had a euro category, I gave them a call and signed up. I spent the majority of Friday and some of Saturday morning detailing the A4 so it would be show ready. The turnout at the car show wasn`t what I expected, but they had some pretty decent vehicles there. Here are some of the pictures I took of my car. I`ll upload a few other cars when I get the chance later today.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/audiracer/DSC01889.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/audiracer/DSC01890.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/audiracer/DSC01892.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/audiracer/DSC01895.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/audiracer/DSC01896.jpg

Did I forget to mention that I won 2nd place for "Mild 4 Door"? They had to drop the european class because of a few stipulations in the rules that they were judging by. Apparently, people can`t win or place in more than one grouped category. I was the only euro there anyways. If it was split into make specific instead of euro, I could have gotten a trophy for both. Anyways, most 2nd place contestants get a smaller trophy and $25. I was a bit shocked to get a bigger trophy and even more so when they handed me $100. It was a long day, but it was a lot of fun. I met some new people and saw some interesting rides.

Beemerboy
06-17-2007, 10:26 AM
AB

Car looks great love the lower stance....but where did you get those tinnies:rofl

Sorry had to say something smart:D

audiboy
06-17-2007, 10:29 AM
AB

Car looks great love the lower stance....but where did you get those tinnies:rofl

Sorry had to say something smart:D

If you`re referring to my shoes, you better be careful. Low top Chuck Taylors are some of the most comfortable shoes that I`ve ever worn. Thanks for the compliment on the car though.

Beemerboy
06-17-2007, 10:31 AM
If you`re referring to my shoes, you better be careful. Low top Chuck Taylors are some of the most comfortable shoes that I`ve ever worn. Thanks for the compliment on the car though.

I was and I have a pair;) .....mine are converse brand....I`ve had them for years

audiboy
06-17-2007, 10:35 AM
I was and I have a pair;) .....mine are converse brand....I`ve had them for years

They are called Converse Chuck Taylors. It took me a while to find a bleach white pair. I`ve got a black pair too. Enough about the shoes. Keep on telling me how good the car looks. :rofl :notme: :cheers:

Beemerboy
06-17-2007, 10:38 AM
They are called Converse Chuck Taylors. It took me a while to find a bleach white pair. I`ve got a black pair too. Enough about the shoes. Keep on telling me how good the car looks. :rofl :notme: :cheers:

What car?

I need to get my windows tinted like yours...not quite as dark for me...it will bring the car together nicely....just need to find the $$$

was quoted $300 for the side and back windows

Poorboy
06-17-2007, 07:38 PM
Looks good and congrats on the trophy:rockon

jaybs02
06-17-2007, 08:01 PM
Car looks great, it`s even better that you came home with a trophy and some cash. :winner:

"J"

budman3
06-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Congrats on the trophy... the car looks great. Do you see yourself entering more car shows in the future?

audiboy
06-17-2007, 08:22 PM
What car?

I need to get my windows tinted like yours...not quite as dark for me...it will bring the car together nicely....just need to find the $$$

was quoted $300 for the side and back windows

Mine is tinted 20% on the 4 windows and 15% on the back glass. The legal limit is 25% and 15% respectively. The tinter was still able to put the legal sticker on the car and gave me a great price. I paid $110 and everything is garunteed for life.

Looks good and congrats on the trophy:rockon

Car looks great, it`s even better that you came home with a trophy and some cash. :winner:

"J"

Congrats on the trophy... the car looks great. Do you see yourself entering more car shows in the future?

Thanks for the compliments. The trophy and cash were a nice perk, but I would have been happy just being there for the experience. It`s nice to see what the judges are picky about. Now that I know what they`re looking for, I feel that I can better compete next time around. I`d really like to enter future car shows as long as there is a euro or mild theme that I`d fit into. I know I can`t compete with some of the imports that have $25K plus in modifications.

The Chee
06-17-2007, 09:10 PM
WHAT?! No Mugen stickers? :D

Congrats buddy, the car does look good:gotcha: :10: :winner:

audiboy
06-17-2007, 09:19 PM
WHAT?! No Mugen stickers? :D

Congrats buddy, the car does look good:gotcha: :10: :winner:

No, the cars next to me had the Mugen/Type R/Japanese character/insert any ricer stereotype here stickers covered. The WRX to my right wasn`t too bad at all, but it just got worse as you went down the line. And of course, who do you think the local news camera man was focusing on?