PDA

View Full Version : Helpful detailing knowledge?

HeavenlyV6
06-13-2007, 09:23 PM
I have been detailing cars now in my spare time for over 5 years, and boy have I come a long way. I still have alot to learn and have only been working with a PC for about a year now. I currently detail cars within my neighborhood and this keeps me busy on the weekends. My questions were if there are any books, classes, seminars that you guys are aware of to further help perfect the art of detailing a car? I feel this is a profession or hobby that you can always learn something new to add to your collection and I feel my details still have a ways to go. Thoughts or comments please!

CharlesW
06-13-2007, 10:38 PM
There are several detailing classes/seminars held at various locations.
Since you don`t have your location in your profile, I have no idea if any of them will be in your area.
A couple of members have put together guides on this site that might be helpful.
This is one.
http://www.detailcity.org/forums/detailing-general/3136-detailing-according-jngrbrdman.html

The other one by Mikeyc, The Detailing Handbook, doesn`t seem to be available right now. I don`t know if it is a problem or he has removed it.

Charles

HeavenlyV6
06-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Thanks, I will look around the forum. I guess I am really looking for some seminars. I learn better and obtain more information using a hands on approach. I live in Columbus, Ohio. I do not know if there is to many events around here?