PDA

View Full Version : No-Load speed of Buffer

CleanCar
08-24-2003, 03:20 PM
Hi,

I recently posted a thread about getting my first buffer. I`ve pretty much decided to spend the extra money and get a PC 7424. One thing I`m still thinking about is no-load speed of the buffer. As mentioned in my other post, I found a book (an older Chilton`s) that says the ideal buffer speed is 1750. The PC states that it is adjustable from 2,500 to 6,000. Is this anything I should be concerned with? Is this book just outdated/wrong? From what I`ve read here, it doesn`t seem like I need to worry, but $130 is a lot for a 17 year old with a part time job to invest in something if it isn`t the right one. Once again, thanks for all the suggestions!

-Ceancar

ACE
08-24-2003, 04:14 PM
You don`t have to worry about any of that stuff with the PC. Just start out at 4 for swirl removal and polishing. Many people go down to 3 or so for waxing, but actually, you can just leave it on 4 for just about everything. Some people like to push the speed up for polishing. but just stay at 4 in the beginning and after you`ve learned to use the tool, ask some more questions. The toughest part of the PC is learning to keep the cord off the finish.

Cujo31
08-24-2003, 08:23 PM
I have mine set at 4.5 - 5 for polishing and I drop it to 3 for waxing. I get a real nice thin layer down with 3.