PDA

View Full Version : New from HOTlanta

Dixit
06-11-2007, 11:05 AM
Well Im actually in the suburb of Marietta, but its still HOTlanta.

I just bought a bunch of stuff, Edge pads, DP Surface Shield, Optimum Polish, 7424. Got a few cars of mine that need a nice cleaning. My AudiA4 has some major swirl issues that I will take care of as soon as it stops raining for me to work on it. My S55 AMG doesnt really have much of any problems, just needs a good clay, polish, sealant to run him for a few months. The S600 has a few swirls as well (just like my Black A4, this is Black) and that will get its share of time. Finally got a 91 350SDL Benz that needs some work cleaning the surface up before I put it up for sale, did some extensive engine rebuilding myself on it, time to get rid of it since I got the S600 a few months ago.

I want to do this all outside instead of in my 2car garage where the lighting is no the greatest, was looking for a nice portable carport/tent like deal that I can just extract out of a bag or something and put it up so the car is under the shade while I work on it in the driveway.

Dixit

Beemerboy
06-11-2007, 11:51 AM
Welcome to the site from Sonoma County CA

Sounds like you have a car lot

For the canopy there is a thread running about one...also use the search feature to see who else has had a thread about them

Way2SSlow
06-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Welcome. I`m in Alpharetta myself. I`d suggest running over to Home Depot or Lowes and getting yourself a nice set of lights. I have a pair that are on an adjustable stand. They really do the trick as I hate polishing in direct sun.

Stephan
06-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Welcome :howdy

Dixit
06-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Welcome. I`m in Alpharetta myself. I`d suggest running over to Home Depot or Lowes and getting yourself a nice set of lights. I have a pair that are on an adjustable stand. They really do the trick as I hate polishing in direct sun.

Nice a local. I work in Roswell (corner of mansell and old roswell rd).

Yea I was thinking of just removing them socket bulbs I got up there and putting in maybe two 4` flourescent fixtures, but gotta see how that would work since if the garage door up one is going to get blocked by the door. Ive never been a huge fan of those stand based halogens.

Dixit

Troy@Protekt
06-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Sounds like a nice selection of cars.:drool:

Glad to have you here. :welcome:

Dixit
06-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Sounds like a nice selection of cars.:drool:

Glad to have you here. :welcome:

Thank you Troy. Quick question, is your facility/warehouse located in FL? Just wondering on that if I order I presume it would be coming from FL and take no more than 2days to get here. I hate waiting 1week or more for stuff that comes from the West coast.

Dixit

Troy@Protekt
06-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Yes we ship out of Sarasota, FL.

audiboy
06-11-2007, 07:35 PM
Welcome to DC! What year/engine type is the A4? I have an 04 A4 3.0. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Way2SSlow
06-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Nice a local. I work in Roswell (corner of mansell and old roswell rd).

Yea I was thinking of just removing them socket bulbs I got up there and putting in maybe two 4` flourescent fixtures, but gotta see how that would work since if the garage door up one is going to get blocked by the door. Ive never been a huge fan of those stand based halogens.

Dixit

I work in Mansell Commons across from WalMart.

vwgtivw
06-12-2007, 10:02 AM
:welcome: