PDA

View Full Version : You Talk About a Tire Saturday!

Beemerboy
06-11-2007, 10:21 AM
I hit a piece of metal in the road on Friday afternoon....looked like it had gone threw the sidewall:wow: The tire went down in about 5 minutes...lucky that I had reached my destination...Changed the tire the next morning...and headed for the tire shop....get the tire off and turns out that they can repair it:yay I had a nail in the other back tire so I said might as well see if that one needs attention...sure enough it dose...while taking that tire off they strip at lug-nut...prefect:eek: They had to go to a local Napa Auto Parts place to get the lug...no biggie...I told the guy that while I was waiting might as well rebalanced the front tires...when they did it last it wasn`t the best job...taking those off they strip another lug...all in all I spent about 3 to 4 hours for what started out as one tire.

The guy told me that they have a lot of stripped lugs with Nissan cars...

Stephan
06-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Was this for your murano??

Just curious because on mine when one of my tires went flat the TPMS (Tire pressure monitoring system) went off and it scared the heck out of me...it sounded like a the smoke alarm in the house when that goes off...

I have never had a problem with my lugnuts getting striped and I just replaced my tires.

At least you got it fixed...did you go to that same guy as before?

Beemerboy
06-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Was this for your murano??

Just curious because on mine when one of my tires went flat the TPMS (Tire pressure monitoring system) went off and it scared the heck out of me...it sounded like a the smoke alarm in the house when that goes off...

I have never had a problem with my lugnuts getting striped and I just replaced my tires.

At least you got it fixed...did you go to that same guy as before?

Yes it was the Murano he said that they have a lot of troubles with Nissan lugs...Don`t know really...I took it to Les Schwab its a west coast chain tire store...their work is good and they fix everything free of charge if you buy the tires threw them...he may have said that because they striped two at once.....truly this is the only car that I have ever had this happen

Taking the car in to the dealership on Wed this week...have a oil leak somewhere...two recalls and a idle problem...all under the extended warranty that I got

Stephan
06-11-2007, 12:26 PM
They just checked mine for the ignition recall and it was ok...

also you may want to read up on this...since it involves the key we use...I found it on a site a frequent...for some reason it says it only effects altimas and g35 but makes me wonder...

http://consumerist.com/consumer/cars/cellphones-are-kryptonite-to-nissans-i+key-263791.php

Beemerboy
06-11-2007, 12:40 PM
They just checked mine for the ignition recall and it was ok...

also you may want to read up on this...since it involves the key we use...I found it on a site a frequent...for some reason it says it only effects altimas and g35 but makes me wonder...

http://consumerist.com/consumer/cars/cellphones-are-kryptonite-to-nissans-i+key-263791.php

Thanks I will followup later in the week with this thread once I have the work done...so far the car has been great not a single thing wrong

audiboy
06-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Are you sure they were using the correct size sockets? An impact gun with the wrong socket is a sure fire way to round off some lug nuts. Did you check the rest of them for any damage?

Beemerboy
06-11-2007, 07:53 PM
Are you sure they were using the correct size sockets? An impact gun with the wrong socket is a sure fire way to round off some lug nuts. Did you check the rest of them for any damage?

I guess I should have explained this differently I`m talking about the stud that the nut screws into...that was getting striped...sorry my bad

audiboy
06-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Well, in that case, I`d check to see if they were over torquing them. Other than that, I`d have no idea why they`d strip so easily.

Stephan
06-11-2007, 08:13 PM
was it the one lugnut with the key? That can get stripped if the key is not used and it gets forced...