PDA

View Full Version : Ever dealt with parking issues?

LikeaRock
06-09-2007, 01:50 AM
Picked up some new cleints through a friend of mine, they live over by the fairgrounds here in town and their street has "1 hour parking"...But it`s only 1 hour when there`s an event going on at the fairgrounds. Evidentally, you`ve got to have a permit to park on the street when there`s an event...

This weekend the "Health and Harmony" festival is in town, and while I was working I sat there and $^$@# to myself about the annoying hippy music and stinky french-fry (biodiesel...hippy turbo diesel mercedes) vehicles passing by, I see a parking enforcement officer pull up behind my Jeep. I start walking over and explain to her what`s going on, and she starts demanding I move my Jeep right away or I`m getting a ticket. No problem, client tells me I can back up into the driveway.

About an hour later I pulled the Jeep out kinda half-assed into the street so I could back the car out far enough to take a look at in in the sun. Pulled the car back in and forgot about the Jeep...

Just as I`m thinking "I need to get that thing out of the street", guess who shows up...And in a GRUMPY freakin` mood at that :)

PEO starts yelling at me " You know why I`m back here? You know what`s wrong THIS time? What did I just talk to you about barely even an hour ago? God d****t we`re having problems today and I can`t keep checking up on you like this guy!"
Explained what I did and apologized for the inconvenience...no sweat off my back. Before I can finish, she starts in on me again...bad :lmfao

"MOVE your %&^%$&@! Jeep NOW, If I come back around in 5 minutes and it`s not either in that driveway or moved from this block, your ass is grass!"

:wow:

:crazy2:

:eek:

:wow:

I started cracking up, I couldn`t believe how obnoxious she was and how she made a huge scene over nothing! I started cracking up at this point, I thanked her for her kindness and to enjoy the rest of her weekend, her response was "Take my job for a day and see how you feel after dealing with people like you all day!" :surrender

People like me? dude, I was an angel to her! :D

And the conversation ended at that. All I could do was sit there for the next 5 minutes and just laugh at how rude and nasty this woman was, I was having a good day so I could have cared less about her attitude towards me, I just can`t believe the audacity of some people :lol2:

Anyway, thought some of you would find it humorous like I did :D

audiboy
06-09-2007, 02:06 AM
That`s a pretty good story. In real life, I`m very sarcastic in nature and I would have gotten a ticket for the things I would have said. I do all of my detailing at my house, so I`ve never had a problem with parking.

pogo123
06-09-2007, 04:48 AM
What does "annoying hippy music" sound like?:confused:

Troy@Protekt
06-09-2007, 07:23 AM
I love it. :rofl It is funny to see how seriously some people take their jobs. I used to detail the little Parking Enforcement Kushmans in our city so I got to know the PEO`s which came in handy a couple of times.:cool: None of them are anything like her.:)

Speaking of people who take their jobs too seriously. Last year my family and I were sitting in the first row of the Shamu tank, at Sea World, waiting for the show to start and I told my youngest to go feel how cold the water was.:eek: :redcard:

One of the ushers comes over and starts treating her like she had just committed a serious felony and told her she`s lucky one of the trainers didn`t see that or we would have gotten kicked out of the park. He just kept harping on it for like 5 minutes with a condemning look.

:mad: I should have gotten into with this guy but decided to just let it go and made sure my daughter knew this guy was out of line. Thinking back on it, I really don`t know what stopped me from trying to get him fired.

or at least :kick:

Nothing gets me upset quicker than seeing kids mistreated, especially my own.

Anyways, back on the topic,

I try not to work much downtown here because the areas you are able to work without harassment are scarce. There is no car washing aloud on the public streets and in the downtown area the streets are pretty much the only area you have.

musicawal
06-09-2007, 10:05 AM
I try not to work much downtown here because the areas you are able to work without harassment are scarce. There is no car washing aloud on the public streets and in the downtown area the streets are pretty much the only area you have.

Yeah I here ya Troy, I`ve had some "interesting" conversations with parking attendants at some parking garages too.

LikeaRock
06-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Lol Audiboy I wanted to say something to her but thought it`d be better to just keep quiet and act friendly. I`ve found that when people have attitudes like that they get even more pissed off if you act like you`re their friend :gotcha:

Annoying hippy music would classify as reggae (Which I do like, a little bit of...sometimes...), rap, and some other weird music I can`t remember the name of, but I was behind it and it sounded like a bunch of garbled garbage. Kept getting louder/quieter and I didn`t feel like listening to it.

Troy- Technically we`re not s`posed to wash cars anywhere here in town either, as far as I know :notme:

audiboy
06-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Lol Audiboy I wanted to say something to her but thought it`d be better to just keep quiet and act friendly. I`ve found that when people have attitudes like that they get even more pissed off if you act like you`re their friend :gotcha:

Obviously, you haven`t talked to the people that I`ve argued with just for the sake of arguing. Being friendly is easy. Making annoying or unreasonably rude people feel more stupid than they ever thought possible is fun.

LikeaRock
06-09-2007, 01:24 PM
Obviously, you haven`t talked to the people that I`ve argued with just for the sake of arguing. Being friendly is easy. Making annoying or unreasonably rude people feel more stupid than they ever thought possible is fun.
Haha I know what you mean :cheers: