PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Hyper Compound

LikeaRock
06-03-2007, 10:49 PM
I`ve left it on my shelf for at least 6-7 months now, been hooked on Presta Ultra Cutting Creme Light, however the other day I realized I was running low and snagged OHC before I headed out to work. I used it with a Yellow Edge cutting pad and did one panel and put the bottle back in it`s place. I haven`t the slightest clue why but I couldn`t get results with it. I used it on a black Accord that needed a good compounding and it didn`t even touch the clear. It removed some of the deeper swirling but did NOTHING for the surface scratches on it. Tried a second pass and didn`t see any improvement... Figured maybe it was user error, but I went ahead and switched over to Presta UCCL and with one really quick pass I got the instant result I was looking for.

I don`t think the OHC went bad sitting on the shelf, but maybe it could have? I remember not being a huge fan of it when it was my main compound but I didn`t want to waste it either, so I kept using it. Enough rambling though, I want to hear what others think about OHC, anyone else have trouble with it or is it your go-to compound?

Dolan

budman3
06-04-2007, 09:18 AM
I`m no pro with the rotary and the last time that I used it, I had buffer hop, sling, the polish smeared on the paint, etc. but I think that was all user error like applying too much product. I`ve used it before that with the same process and didn`t have any problems. Even though it was hard to work with (my fault) I still got great results. Both of these pictures are with OHC and a 7.5" LC orange light cut pad...

Toyota Corolla
http://www.detailcity.org/gallery/data/500/medium/P10100211.JPG

Toyota Avalon
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p39/kmford8/HPIM0426.jpg

wannafbody
06-04-2007, 08:38 PM
I have the older OHC and while it is easy to work with the best way to get it to work is to use it with a wool pad

LikeaRock
06-06-2007, 01:28 AM
I can`t even remember the last time I used it with a wool pad, I`ll have to try that and see how it works out. With foam it just never works for me

budman3
06-06-2007, 01:28 PM
I tired it yesterday with a wool pad and as long as you keep the wool fibers clear of product build up, it works well. I prefered the wool vs. a foam light cut pad ... but it left some nice holograms and marring.

AngieD
06-06-2007, 01:41 PM
We use the OHC all of the time with no problem. One thing is you need to make sure you aren`t using too much product, if you use too much it will take forever for the compound to break down. Most of the time you can get out bad defects with a light cutting pad,rotary polisher, and the OHC.

Stephan
06-06-2007, 01:43 PM
We use the OHC all of the time with no problem. One thing is you need to make sure you aren`t using too much product, if you use too much it will take forever for the compound to break down. Most of the time you can get out bad defects with a light cutting pad,rotary polisher, and the OHC.

Using too much is definetly true for the PC, it will take forever to break down. However with a rotary I find that too much equals sling. For me at least a rotary breaks the polish down very quick...