PDA

View Full Version : Are new cars getting this mix?

jlift
05-31-2007, 11:42 AM
This is a quote from my car`s forum:

"90% of car manufactures don`t us a clear coat any more its a mixed paint sprayed with the base and clear together and I`ve noticed the 07s paint is xxxxty it doesn`t hold up im very disappointed with it, my car scratches easy the paint is weak"

Is this person correct in his assessment of paint forumlation?:confused:
_____

Bigs
05-31-2007, 11:46 AM
I have never heard of this before... clear has a purpose... Why mix it with paint? Something doesn`t jive here.

Beemerboy
05-31-2007, 12:21 PM
IMO

This person is totally misguided...doesn`t understand how a car is painted..or for that matter why his car is getting scratched...its his washing techniques or where he is having it done...then it becomes easy to blame the mfger of the paint for his bad habits

JaredPointer
05-31-2007, 12:32 PM
That`s not totally untrue. DuPont Imron is a "two stage" paint. Although it isn`t clear mixed with base, it is a two part mixture that is mixed at the time of spraying and does not utilize a seperate clear coat layer.

Beemerboy
05-31-2007, 01:05 PM
That`s not totally untrue. DuPont Imron is a "two stage" paint. Although it isn`t clear mixed with base, it is a two part mixture that is mixed at the time of spraying and does not utilize a seperate clear coat layer.

Didn`t know that JP..thanks..What this person states is 90% of car mfgers...when anyone states that I have to think that he has no clue or he should have been able to back up his statement with a link to the site..IMO