PDA

View Full Version : Linting MF Towels

Pages : [1] 2

Beemerboy
05-30-2007, 05:07 PM
I have seen an inc erase in my Mf towels linting....it seemed to start once I started washing & drying them in the machine...I was talking with my local detail supplier and he said that its the machines that are causing this...He said he soaks his over night then rinse and air dry...I don`t think that the washing part is the issue but the dryer I have never felt was good for MF towels

I have a batch that I am not drying and they are no longer linting...

Anyone else seeing this as an issue...if not then what are you doing to wash and dry yours?

audiboy
05-30-2007, 05:12 PM
I have several types of towels and I machine wash and dry them all without any linting problems. I just make sure that I clean my lint trap really well and they come out good as new.

Mr. Clean
05-30-2007, 09:47 PM
MF is a lint magnet. Assuming that you are washing your MF separately, they could still pick up residual lint from the washing mashine and/or dryer. Do you use vinegar in one of your rinse cycles? Perhaps adding a second rinse. Wiping down the dryer drum and checking your lint trap may help.

LikeaRock
05-31-2007, 12:25 AM
I run mine through a second rinse cycle and tumble dry them on the lowest setting, I haven`t had a problem with `em linting up and they`re always soft. I use a cup of Tide Cold Water and a bit of degreaser in the wash and they come out great :)

Scott P
05-31-2007, 07:02 AM
Washing machines don`t cause towels to lint.

Bigs
05-31-2007, 11:06 AM
MF is a lint magnet. Assuming that you are washing your MF separately

That`s what I`m thinking also. Make sure you wash m/f alone... It was a tough lesson for me.

I also use the Micro Restore detergent and love it!

Beemerboy
05-31-2007, 11:11 AM
That`s what I`m thinking also. Make sure you wash m/f alone... It was a tough lesson for me.

I also use the Micro Restore detergent and love it!

So are you saying that throwing in the cats sleeping towel is not a good idea?:eek:

Just kidding...all my towels are washed separate from anything else...I think after talking with Troy on a PM that its the dryer lint thingy that is not cleaned enough

I would like the try that MF restore stuff..sounds like something that will help to get them back in shape

Bigs
05-31-2007, 11:18 AM
Not a good idea! LMAO! I have 2 cats and let me tell ya...

MR is a good detergent, seems to do a better job than regular laundry soap. I hang dry my m/f towels (away from the cats) to avoid linting. You may want to invest in a drying rack! ;)

I also heard not to use heat to dry the m/f towels... Don`t know how true that is... So... yeah! :)

Beemerboy
05-31-2007, 11:22 AM
Not a good idea! LMAO! I have 2 cats and let me tell ya...

MR is a good detergent, seems to do a better job than regular laundry soap. I hang dry my m/f towels (away from the cats) to avoid linting. You may want to invest in a drying rack! ;)

I also heard not to use heat to dry the m/f towels... Don`t know how true that is... So... yeah! :)

I have a rack...I heard that dry heat was not good for MFT as well...reading here sort of changed that for me...I run my on the low setting takes longer but they come out dry and not to staticy...

CharlesW
05-31-2007, 11:47 AM
I would like the try that MF restore stuff..sounds like something that will help to get them back in shapePlease do and post your thoughts.
FWIW, I have Micro Restore and really can`t see any difference in the results of the MR or any good liquid laundry soap. I just use whatever my wife has at the time I`m doing MF towels.
I do think the vinegar final rinse does make the towels softer and more absorbent.

Oh yeah, back to the subject. I don`t have any linting problems unless I happen to get an old terry towel in the mix. I don`t intend to wash the terry towels and the MF towels together, but I have missed one a few times. Actually, what I end up with is not so much lint as it is threads. Easy enough to remove the few that end up on the MF.

Charles

RANDAL
05-31-2007, 09:41 PM
Is it lint that ends upon the vehicle when hand buffing or drying (like mine do), or is it just picking up lint through the dryer? I have towels from dollar General, top of the line and from Steve, and the all leave lint or residue after buffing or drying the surfaces. RANDAL

Beemerboy
06-01-2007, 09:11 AM
Is it lint that ends upon the vehicle when hand buffing or drying (like mine do), or is it just picking up lint through the dryer? I have towels from dollar General, top of the line and from Steve, and the all leave lint or residue after buffing or drying the surfaces. RANDAL

They are leaving lint on the car and windows

RANDAL
06-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Yes they are leaving very fine linton botgh paintand windows. It relly doesnt matter where I use them I have to go back over and remove the towel lent even after just touching up water droplets. RANDAL

Beemerboy
06-21-2007, 06:01 PM
OK I wanted to followup with this linting thing...I decided to clean the lint trap on the dyer...we have a older one so I went overkill....I took the lint trap out of the dryer...and underneath was a ton of old lint...so I broke out the shop-vac...sucked every thing in site...front and back...replaced the trap....and I have no linting problems what so ever

case closed!

nikro000
06-21-2007, 06:09 PM
I always wash mine seperately in a mild detergent, no Oxiclean. I tumble them dry seperately at low temperatures. So far no linting. At all. IS your dryer malfunctioning? Is your linttrap full?