PDA

View Full Version : Prima hydro? Any good?

The Chee
05-27-2007, 09:57 PM
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ZNFJ8FJCL._AA280_.jpg

Anyone tried this? I `read` about it being able to fill even holograms. :rockon .

mblgjr
06-27-2007, 12:20 AM
I haven`t tried it.

I sort of have an aversion to it because of the way its advertised.

Kind of like saying "If you do crap work; cover it up with this!"

Stephan
06-27-2007, 05:27 AM
It appears to be a quick detailer, wax as you dry type of thing. A spray on inbetween waxing. I looked up the line of Prima products, a tad on the expensive side. Most places I found this 16oz going for $16.95.

I have not tried it but I would be curious to see how it matches up with other Qd`s.

black bart
06-27-2007, 11:04 AM
In the thread about what is the best QD someone said Prima was and he rated it best because it filled swills.
The only time I think I may consider this is at a car show while cleaning my Black show car if I put a scratch or swill in it I can`t polish it at the show.
What I use for that now is 3M fill & Glaze but they don`t make that anymore so when it is gone I may look into this stuff.
Thankfully I don`t need such a product often but like they say $hit happens.

Beemerboy
06-27-2007, 11:13 AM
In the thread about what is the best QD someone said Prima was and he rated it best because it filled swills.
The only time I think I may consider this is at a car show while cleaning my Black show car if I put a scratch or swill in it I can`t polish it at the show.
What I use for that now is 3M fill & Glaze but they don`t make that anymore so when it is gone I may look into this stuff.
Thankfully I don`t need such a product often but like they say $hit happens.

BB...if you like the fill-in of the 3M....have a look at Finish Kare FK1 pink hand glaze...its what I replaced the 3M with

rwisejr
06-27-2007, 11:54 AM
I have used the Hydro and it is some awesome stuff.It looks great when your done but looks even better the next day.Its wax as you dry sealant that has the minor hidding abilities. Try it you may like it

black bart
06-27-2007, 12:11 PM
BB...if you like the fill-in of the 3M....have a look at Finish Kare FK1 pink hand glaze...its what I replaced the 3M with
THANKS Beemerboy
I have the Meg. show glaze and 3M IHG but they are thick and hard to work with.
The old 3M pink fill & glaze was easy to use and I use it in the sun without a problem just need to wipe it off pretty quick.
I hated to see them stop selling it.
Years ago that is all that a lot of guy`s used on their show cars.
It had zero durability but it would sure make a car look good for a while.

Beemerboy
06-27-2007, 12:35 PM
THANKS Beemerboy
I have the Meg. show glaze and 3M IHG but they are thick and hard to work with.
The old 3M pink fill & glaze was easy to use and I use it in the sun without a problem just need to wipe it off pretty quick.
I hated to see them stop selling it.
Years ago that is all that a lot of guy`s used on their show cars.
It had zero durability but it would sure make a car look good for a while.

Your welcome the FK1 has fillers but is real high gloss...no real protection...but its user friendly...unlike the 3M IHG is

black bart
06-28-2007, 06:25 PM
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ZNFJ8FJCL._AA280_.jpg

Anyone tried this? I `read` about it being able to fill even holograms. :rockon .CHEE how about you buying this stuff and then do a review on it :yay

The Chee
06-28-2007, 08:40 PM
CHEE how about you buying this stuff and then do a review on it :yay

:D :D :D let me use up RMG and soon the Menzerna Glaze I bought from DC and a few other glazes first :rofl . Black Honda paint indeed sucks big time. If you wink at it,you`ll create swirls:surrender (but looks good when prep properly):love:

SVR
06-28-2007, 10:22 PM
So many people on all the forums I visit are skeptical or scared about trying Prima. I don`t know why. It eclipses many brands.

Hydro is a nice light filling spray sealant with a wax look and works on a wet or dry car.
I wouldn`t use it on it`s own though. on the top of something else
Basically DP`s version of Aquawax

blucpe
07-04-2007, 08:12 PM
how would you compare it to cg`s blitz spray sealant?

Gen2
07-05-2007, 09:20 AM
:D :D :D let me use up RMG and soon the Menzerna Glaze I bought from DC and a few other glazes first :rofl . Black Honda paint indeed sucks big time. If you wink at it,you`ll create swirls:surrender (but looks good when prep properly):love:

So far I find Clearkote products work best on black Honda paint :) .