PDA

View Full Version : wax as you dry

TrueDetailer
05-27-2007, 11:33 AM
I`m looking for a wax as you dry product that i can purchase in 5 gallon buckets. I`m currently using automagic hydroshine and would like to get something similar to it. I`m happy with the hydroshine but it only comes in 32oz bottles and i`m tired of dealing with a bunch of bottles, plus i want bulk pricing. I`m not looking for anything botique as i don`t want to spend $200 for it. I`ve checked a few sites but haven`t found much besides spray waxes. Auto Detailing Business Opportunity (http://www.detailking.com) has a wax as you dry product but they want to much for it imo.

Anyone here know of something i could get? Are there any spray waxes i could use as a wax as you dry product also?

And if you want to know what i`m using it for. I`m trying to seperate myself from all the homies that have flooded the market in my area with their $10 wash and vacs. I`m using this on all my wash & vacs now. It doesn`t take much more time and doesn`t cost to much more out of my pocket and the end result is much better than just a wash. So there you go, a way to get repeat and referal business.

wannafbody
05-27-2007, 03:48 PM
check out chemical guys- maybe ONE would work

Big Leegr
05-28-2007, 12:06 AM
Most companies like Meguiars, FK, etc. that deal with "pros" should have something like that.
As to the AutoMagic, I`d say stay away from the EZBeads. Kills off beading instead of boosting it and is more work than something like E1 WAUD. I didn`t like it at all. Didn`t help with drying the car, actually seemed to make drying it harder. Does come in 5 gallon containers, though!

scottlee
05-28-2007, 10:55 AM
i know you are looking for 5 gallon containers but maybe AW, that is available in 1 gallon jugs

TrueDetailer
05-28-2007, 01:09 PM
Most companies like Meguiars, FK, etc. that deal with "pros" should have something like that.
As to the AutoMagic, I`d say stay away from the EZBeads. Kills off beading instead of boosting it and is more work than something like E1 WAUD. I didn`t like it at all. Didn`t help with drying the car, actually seemed to make drying it harder. Does come in 5 gallon containers, though!

I didn`t even think of the EZBeads from automagic. Thats one of the products i never tried from them. So you say it kills off beading and doesn`t help dry the car. Two things at the bottom of my list with the way i want to use it. The main thing i`m looking for is shine. I want to add some extra shine to a wash and vac without having to spend much more time. I have no plans on using this on my wash and waxes or using it on cars that have been hand waxed already.

I checked meguiars and i didn`t see any wax as you dry products. I`ll probably just buy a few small samples from a few different suppliers and do some testing.

thanks.

GearHead_1
05-28-2007, 08:42 PM
I`ve never thought about this, does Eagle One offer any quantities geared towards the volume detailer?

Big Leegr
05-28-2007, 11:51 PM
As a side note-Eagle One (Or rather the parent company, Ashland) bought CarBrite a while ago. CarBrite is more of the "pro" stuff so they may be a line to look into for bulk E1 type stuff. From a quick peek at their site, they`ve got some quick wax-as-you-dry products like their Water Wax or Rinse and Wax. Not sure if they come in anything bigger than a gallon, though.