PDA

View Full Version : The President??

Morrison1
05-26-2007, 01:07 PM
I Was Out At My Local Airport Today Working On A Job And I Got A Chance To See Marine 1 The Presidents Helicopter. This Is A Very Small Airport Just Me And The Airport Attendant Were There. I Know This Guy Very Good He Told Me That He Is On Call On The Weekends And Someone Called Him This Morning And Told Him That They would Need A Fill Up. So About The Time I Was Pulling Up The Helicopter Was Landing To Get Fuel. When My Friend Started Fueling It Up A Few Guys In Army Clothes Got Off To Get Some Snacks And Drinks And One Armed With A Gun Stayed By The Helicopter. My Buddy Told Me That There Were A Few More People Inside The Helicopter But He Could Not See Because The Windows Were Tinted. I Just Wonder If The President Or Vice President Were Inside? I Thought This Was A Rare Opportunity To See I Mean This Is A Small Airport, Maybe This Is Why They Chose This Location. Has Anyone Else Ever Seen Anything Like This?

audiboy
05-26-2007, 01:23 PM
Being stationed in Little Rock, AR, I`ve seen a lot of different types of aircraft come rolling through here. I`ve seen Air Force 2.5(The smaller but still big aircraft that the VP uses), several test phase joint strike fighters, B-2`s, and even a space shuttle. We get Clintons motorcade rolling through here all the time too. A good friend of mine that I used to work with now works on Air Force One. It`s the most prestigious job that an aircraft mechanic can ever get. I`ve never got to see Marine One though.

Jngrbrdman
05-26-2007, 10:03 PM
My brother is the head mechanic on the President`s helicopter. He just got the job last year. He has been working for Sikorsky for a few years now and when the job came up they actually came to him for it. I`m actually surprised they would give him that kind of a job considering who his brother is. :lol: