PDA

View Full Version : Product In The Door Jambs??

Beemerboy
05-22-2007, 10:33 AM
What are some here doing to remove the splatter that gets in the door jambs up by where the hinge is...This is only the front door.....you can open the door but that blocks a part of where some of the product gets...then on the inside you can`t reach back in there all that well....close the door and access is limited...

I hate to see wax build-up back in there...little help or suggestions

Beemerboy
05-22-2007, 03:27 PM
Oh come on gots to be someone here that has a way to do this....LOL

norahcrv
05-22-2007, 03:35 PM
I try to thread a microfiber into the area & holding both ends see-saw it back & forth, up & down to try to buff the area. Failing that, I wrap the eraser end of an unsharpened pencil with a microfiber & try to reach it that way. :redface: hth

Beemerboy
05-22-2007, 03:38 PM
I try to thread a microfiber into the area & holding both ends see-saw it back & forth, up & down to try to buff the area. Failing that, I wrap the eraser end of an unsharpened pencil with a microfiber & try to reach it that way. :redface: hth

Thanks one way that has worked OK for me is a long foam paint brush...I get some TR on it so that it will melt the wax build up...the hit that with a dry foam brush..seems to work OK...was hoping that someone would have a better process

BLACKWRX
05-22-2007, 03:53 PM
various size brushes work for me, brushes and some waterless wash, waterless wash softs the dried excess wax and wipes off

blucpe
06-22-2007, 02:22 PM
i use this long(about 14"-15") feather like brush, i guess it`s made of some sort of soft nylon, i got at big lots for a buck or two. i use it for door jams between yhe door hinges, just about any place thats hard to reach. i even spray(away from the car) it with dressing to get in between the tire and wheel well, works great. hope this helps.:cheers:

audiboy
06-22-2007, 02:29 PM
I use Q-tips with the plastic shafts a lot on details. They are soft and get in hard to reach areas. For small cracks, I just take a utility knife and make a single diagonal cut all the way through the shaft to form a really fine point. They are very inexpensive and have many different uses.

holland_patrick
06-23-2007, 08:46 AM
the edge foam on a stick or I`ll blast it with my steamer..

Pander5
06-23-2007, 10:12 AM
Getting in the tight areas is kind of tough on some cars. I like the small foam paint brushes as already mentioned. I have about 5 of those little buggers - 2 with short wood handles and 3 with longer plastic handles. I use AIO and get in mine about once a month. After each wash I really spend some time getting in the tight areas with a WW MF towel and wrap the towel in a paint stick.

If you`ve ever noticed the "drip" lines after a rain coming down from your side mirrors, door jambs etc. it`s caused by the water displacing gunk and general crap that builds up in those hard to reach places. As we all know water can get anywhere it can and it will inevitably dislodge dirt/grease/general road crap from those recessed spaces and drip down onto the exterior. I try to keep those areas clean and the AIO protects it as well.

AngieD
06-23-2007, 10:54 AM
We like to hit these hard to reach areas with our steamer. We also have various brushes and q-tips that works great too.

sneek
06-23-2007, 01:34 PM
steamer+ a paint blush with a MF on top.