PDA

View Full Version : Need a durable sealant

Pages : [1] 2

Tex Star Detail
05-21-2007, 10:40 PM
Can anyone recommend a VERY durable Sealant ?????
Running VERY low on mine, and want to try something different.

Needs to be extremely durable, easy on/off, possibly apply in full sun, and slick. Not really in it for looks, just great, long lasting protection. :thanks :thanks

Brenton
05-22-2007, 05:02 AM
I use PB`s EX & EX-P as my go-to. I keep Meg`s NXT in the shop in case people ask, but I hate using it, honestly.
People say the Teflon world is more durable, but I`m not convinced. I`d like to see some responses.

Brace1
05-22-2007, 05:19 AM
Klasse Sealant (KSG) is probably the most durable. Definitely not the easiest to use, but provides lots shine and pop at 2-3 layers, but not much depth.

My current fav is DP sealant, much easier to use great looks and super-slick. Don`t think the durability quite matches KSG though.

jaybs02
05-22-2007, 06:12 AM
Chris what do you consider extremely durable 3mos, 6 mos, a year.
Also what are you using now, if you are wanting to try something different

Do I take it that availability in large sizes and cost would be a factor as well.

"J"

RTexasF
05-22-2007, 07:35 AM
#2180 from Finish Kare wears like iron.

blucpe
05-22-2007, 09:04 AM
i can`t speak for those products mentioned, but zaino works best for me right now, i will try those other products though at some point because i hear so much positive about them, i don`t think you`ll go wrong with any of these mentioned here. :rockon

Beemerboy
05-22-2007, 09:22 AM
Can anyone recommend a VERY durable Sealant ?????
Running VERY low on mine, and want to try something different.

Needs to be extremely durable, easy on/off, possibly apply in full sun, and slick. Not really in it for looks, just great, long lasting protection. :thanks :thanks

Chris

What are you using now?

The PB EX EX-P are both great for the applications you have posted

Stephan
05-22-2007, 09:32 AM
I use Zaino and BlackFire. The Zaino seems to last a little longer then the Blackfire and it produces at least to me a slightly deeper finish. However the blackfire is extremely easy to put on and remove, so I tend to add a coat after a wash.

Tex Star Detail
05-22-2007, 10:49 AM
I use something from CarBrite, my local distributor.

I am looking for durability UP TO 3 months, nothing longer. Looks good on lights, darks, metallics, etc... just an all around type sealant.

What about DuraGloss #105? any comments on it? AL?

OCD_Maniac
05-22-2007, 11:37 AM
right now im using 4star UPP and im really happy with it. its pretty durable and it was a while, way better than the megs. NXT i used to use.

i will definitely try zaino next since many people recommend it and ive seen good picture results from people who have used it on their cars.

TrueDetailer
05-22-2007, 12:26 PM
Automagic has a paint sealant, Used it at the dealership where i use to work all the time. I`d give it a 7/8 out of 10 based on price and performance.

AL-53
05-22-2007, 04:47 PM
I use something from CarBrite, my local distributor.

I am looking for durability UP TO 3 months, nothing longer. Looks good on lights, darks, metallics, etc... just an all around type sealant.

What about DuraGloss #105? any comments on it? AL?

Chris I have used alot of different products as you know...DG 105 had the best durability for me...I goes thru winter with a breeze..I put it on in Sept..and was still going when I did it over in May...for you the best bet is buy in bulk..gallon size....if you do not like it I will buy it from you...you will not regret it...I call it poor mans zaino...it wears like Iron..and gives a great look...

AL

LikeaRock
05-22-2007, 07:40 PM
I`ve had pretty good luck with P&S Ultracoat Wax, I`ve easily seen 3+ months protection with it on customer cars, on my family`s vehicles I`ve had it last 4-6 months no problem, they usually get washed every 1-2 weeks or when I have time.

IMHO Megs #20 has GREAT durability, I used to use it on my old S10 Blazer and I saw 4-5 months protection out of it, left a fairly nice shine as well. I think it`s b!tchin for lighter colors with a lot of flake, if you want a lot of pop then you`ll get it with 20 :bigups

GearHead_1
05-22-2007, 08:13 PM
I`ve used both UPP and DP Sealant recently. Both looked very nice. The UPP was probably a little slicker. I can`t say that they are the longest lasting sealants on the market but both go way longer than I do in between details. Klasse`s sealant will last a long time but is much more finicky to use than either of these. Both were extremely easy to use.

Big Leegr
05-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Prima Epic lasted over 4 months for me.
I didn`t get FK 2180 to last all that long for me, although I`ve read that multiple coats are needed to get the best from it,whereas I applied only 1 coat. (But did use it over FK`s #17 and 185 first.) FK 215 lasted around the 4 month mark for me, plus it`s a "cleaner sealant" or 1 stepper that can do a bit of minor correction as well.