PDA

View Full Version : Gas usage

TrueDetailer
05-19-2007, 08:32 PM
Seeing how gas prices are going thru the roof the last few weeks now. I`m curious how much all of the mobile detailers here are spending on gas each week to run your rig.

It`s got so bad i`m about to raise my prices to cover some of the gas cost or start charging for milage. I can`t make any money when i`m spending 15$ worth of gas to drive somewhere to do one wash and vac. I don`t want to tell people no, but i have to draw the line somwhere I`ve filled up 3 times this week(about $200) and it shows in my profits. Anyone else doing the same? Going to do anything about it or just hope they go down soon?

DLR Detailing
05-19-2007, 09:48 PM
I`m not mobile, but I believe people would understand a "fuel surcharge" especially on anything less than a full detail.

One of the suppliers I buy from is mobile. They come by 2x a month. They have not raised their prices yet, but are talking about either going to 1x per month or charging a "delivery fee" on small purchases. I believe they average around 3500 miles per month, so someone has to pump alot of fuel. :hmmm:

Hope this helps.
Dave

LikeaRock
05-20-2007, 12:07 AM
With my current work load (3-5 details a week, 6-8 washes a week) and all the driving I do in between, I`d say I spend about $80/wk average on gas. Most of my work is right around town or in neighboring cities so it`s not too bad for me right now. I`ve bumped my prices up a bit but not much, not so much to offset the cost of gas but because I`ve noticed as I`ve gotten older I have more financial responsibilities to think about, and I know they`ll only become more of a burden as I plan on moving out this summer... If gas gets any worse there`s a possibility that I`ll go up a tad more, it`s pretty sad that it takes damn near $50 to fill up my little Jeep :mad:

Troy@Protekt
05-20-2007, 07:06 AM
Man, talk about a sore subject. The high gas prices scare the crap out of me.

I can`t see our economy staying strong with the prices getting ridiculous like they are. It has to cause people to think twice about their spending habits as well as everything will be more expensive as a result.

Gas prices combined with the value of my house dropping has me a bit concerned.

To answer your question, I purposely down-sized my set-up to reduce the costs involved such as gas. So it doesn`t hurt me as bad as someone using a gas PW, gas generator (all the time) and pulls a trailer.

It still hurts though. Between my truck and generator, I spend about $75.00 per week now.

Troy

gator1
05-20-2007, 11:11 AM
I raised my prices since I am mobile %10 across the broad. It`s getting tough to do business with gas prices.