PDA

View Full Version : I am the Rainmaker

Scott P
05-15-2007, 08:16 PM
I am starting to dislike Houston. Yesterday evening, I thought about washing both the Envoy and GP. As soon as I walked outside, the sky flashed and thunder hit a second later. It was still sunny! So, I put off the washing and all the rain we got was a few light sprinkles.

Fast forward to today. I actually take the time to wash and dry both vehicles. I even wiped them down with some quick detailer. Just over an hour later, I see sprinkles. Then I hear the rain. The thunder and lightning are back, this time with pouring rain.

I know you people in Florida and Georgia want rain, so consider flying me out there and washing a few cars. It will be pouring very soon afterwards.

audiboy
05-15-2007, 08:26 PM
National and Local Weather Forecast, Radar, Map and Report (http://www.weather.com) can be your friend. I feel your pain though. I just give up and wash the car no matter what the forcast is. Actually, when I washed the car last Thursday, it was raining the whole time.

Tex Star Detail
05-15-2007, 09:11 PM
Scott....No rain here in killeen.

i think it is always raining in houston somewhere. on side is hot, humid, and sunny, and the other side is raining cats and dogs!

norahcrv
05-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Uh-oh, I thought CharlesW was "The Rainmaker"?? :hmmm:
You two aren`t going to have a competition, are you??
If you do, could I suggest the central AZ desert as a good location?? :rain:

The Chee
05-15-2007, 10:06 PM
There can never be too many rainmakers :D

Poorboy
05-15-2007, 10:08 PM
Scott ..should we rent you out? I hear Australia is pretty dry too:lol2:

Bellydawg
05-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Scott, the thing about Houston is that with the heat and close proximity to the Gulf, there will always be some chance of rain unfortunately. Working in downtown Houston during the summer months we get rain in the afternoon around 3-4 pm a couple times a week. I definitely feel your pain though because I did a complete detail on my car this past Thursday and it has now rained a couple of times. Thank goodness for S&W.

Good luck,

Jim

Brenton
05-17-2007, 04:34 AM
Snow here. Talk about confirming Canadian stereotypes.