PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhh Pollennnnn

kasperj
05-15-2007, 04:10 PM
Ok, so heres the deal. On Sunday I polished (with polishing pad and SSR1) It came out looking wonderful. I got out all the light abrasions I had from a brush with a bush during a snow storm over the winter. I got it to a mirror finished and then I Waxed using Nattys and the truck has never looked so good. As it is spring there is a ton of pollen in the air and my truck just seems to be attracting it like a magnet. I try to park in the garage but I have had to S&W twice a day for the past two days. The garage door broke and there wasn`t any room in the garage anyway so it was left outside lastnight. When I came out this morning my truck looked like a glow stick. It was a bright flourescent yellow. The windows, paint, trim...everything. I didn`t know if anyone had any ideas on how to prevent or at the very least be able to slow down the rate at which it accumulates on the paint/trim/windows. I do have rain-x on all my windows but i`m not sure whats attracting it to the trim pieces. Looking at my driveway you can clearly see all the yellow pollen on there. Thanks in advance!

audiboy
05-15-2007, 04:19 PM
I know of a few people that use FK1`s anti-static quick detailer with really good results. I`ll be purchasing some shortly and trying it out this summer.

Beemerboy
05-15-2007, 06:45 PM
I know of a few people that use FK1`s anti-static quick detailer with really good results. I`ll be purchasing some shortly and trying it out this summer.

Two things that work for me is what AB said FK1 has a great line of antic static products...have a look at there site...their QD is great!!!

Next get a real good Calif Duster I just replaced mine of many years...they are great for maintaining the pollen / dust residue on the car, and fast you can do it in a parking lot...don`t ask me how I know this...:D

JaCkaL829
05-15-2007, 11:16 PM
I think pollen is inevitable regardless of what your using. I just suck it up and let it sit there. I don`t wipe my car down until I start to see bird droppings accumulate. I`ve never heard of pollen doing any real damage to the car`s finish, and before I finish washing/QDing my car the side I already did has pollen on it before I even finish :redface:

I think it`s pretty obvious that I`ll be happy when pollen season is over which it seemed to of peaked here in NE.

Stephan
05-16-2007, 05:42 AM
Hopefully with the rain we are expecting here today it will get rid of alot of the pollen. Besides making my car look like its a greenish yellow...its driving my allergies nuts. It took me about 2.5 hours to wash my car last night because I couldn`t stop sneezing.

Poorboy
05-16-2007, 08:39 AM
I think pollen is inevitable regardless of what your using. I just suck it up and let it sit there. I don`t wipe my car down until I start to see bird droppings accumulate. I`ve never heard of pollen doing any real damage to the car`s finish, and before I finish washing/QDing my car the side I already did has pollen on it before I even finish :redface:

I think it`s pretty obvious that I`ll be happy when pollen season is over which it seemed to of peaked here in NE.

+1 If you live where there are trees, there is no resolve:wow:

Hopefully with the rain we are expecting here today it will get rid of alot of the pollen. Besides making my car look like its a greenish yellow...its driving my allergies nuts.

Even though we`ve had our share of rain:passout: I too could use a relief from the pollen and allergies:bigups